cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Admin Group Access Permissions

0 Kudos

Hi

I have been tasked by my organisation to develop and integrate SuccessFactors Employee Central.

This is my first exposure to SAP or SuccessFactors. The system has been built, with a lot of trial and error.

It is due to go live in the coming weeks and following a recent admin beta test I have noticed that one of the administrators has accessed the 'Configure Business Rules' and edited some rules, which I have now amended.

My question is, how would I close down the permissions so that they do not have access to allow them to edit system rules.

Ideally I only want them to only have access to 'Positions' in the 'Manage Data' menu. Is there a way to achieve this?

My understanding is that this would be achieved through editing their group permissions in the 'Manage Permission Groups' menu, but I want to do my due diligence before I start changing anything and check if the above is possible.

Thanks

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear comex_,

Thank you for your question and glad to hear about your SAP SF new journey.

Let's go by parts:

1. If the employee have the view/edit option under Business Rules is because he/she have the below permission on his/her role ('Configure Business Rules'). So in this case, I would recommend to remove it, so you will have your business rules protected.

2. Concerning position access, I would not recommend to gratn the Manage Data access, since you said that this person is not supposed to access anything else besides position, right? In this case I would recommend you to grant only Manage Positions (under Metadata Framework), Create Position from Position Organization Chart (under Manage Position), and the position object permissions. This why you have your configuration protected and just allow her/him to access and edit positions.

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karenperez Apologies for the late reply.

Perfect thank you, I have taken your advice and locked down all back end options and they only have access to the Manage positions option.

Many thanks for your help.