cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Course Home and AICC Wrapper Content - Launch button always required?

Robert_Guglielm
Explorer

We are testing the new Course Home in 2305 with the AICC Wrapper. Content that previously launched in the Content Frame is instead showing a "Launch" button to launch in a separate tab I have tried multiple courses and have not found any content that launches in the frame. Is this an intentional design change? Does all content now have to be launched via the "Launch" button in the content frame? If not, what determines if the content will directly be launched or requires the Launch button to launch?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Robert_Guglielm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mandy, SuccessFactors told us that if the content is not responsive (resizable), the Launch button will appear. At least there is an explanation.

krsomabes
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I believe they have removed this feature in New Course Home. Have you submitted this good suggestion in SAP for Me?

Robert_Guglielm
Explorer
0 Kudos

To clarify: This is not a question about how to launch content inline in general but a question about how content launches from within the AICC Wrapper. The Content Objects in question are set up to launch inline (the option to launch in a separate window is unchecked) using the AICC Wrapper. The Wrapper itself launches inline but it does not load the content in the content frame but requires a Launch link to view the content in a separate tab. Please see the attachment for a comparison of how it worked in the legacy interface vs. how it works in Course Home inline-aicc-wrapper-content-not-loading-in-content.jpg

mnolte00
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robert
Did you get this resolved?

UweStieglitz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

please take a look at this KB 2761744 - How to launch an online content in the same window? (sap.com).

Content objects must be "unchecked" for "Launch in new Window". The option must be enabled in "Global Application Setting". It is annoying, but works for most content, especially if you refer to documents on the content Server. Documents on Sharepoint, teams, company intranet do not work for us - they always open in a new window, which in my opinion makes the AICC wrapper quite useless. You should not confirm reading something that opens in a different window.

Brgds, Uwe