cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2H 2023 - Default LMS icons and photos

Emma_Scott
Explorer
0 Kudos

The 2H 2023 what's new viewer says the default LMS icons will be changing with the release. 

I can see this is set in LMS_ADMIN config file under

# showSystemDefaultThumbnail decides whether the default thumbnail style is a photo (true) or an icon (false). Note that the system default thumbnail can be overridden for most learning at System Admin>Configuration>Images.

showSystemDefaultThumbnail=true

My config is currently set to true and instead of the default photos displaying the 'new' default icons are displayed. If I change the above setting to false the 'old' default icons are displayed. Based on the what's new viewer the 'old' default icons only were being replaced. 

I have raised a ticket but am yet to receive an answer, I need to be able to present all relevant changes to my workplace on Friday. 

Has anyone else tested this within their LMS preview system?

Is anyone able to advise if the default photos are being replaced or if the deployment of the 'new' icons will be updated so only customers with the above setting as false will receive the 'new' icons. 

samwest
Participant

Hi

I think that I am experiencing the same. When set to 'true' i am seeing the new style icons. When I change to 'false' i dont see the photos, but i see some old style icons.

New style icons:

samwest_1-1698926330217.png

Photo from PROD:

samwest_2-1698926370796.png

Old style icons:

samwest_0-1698926263273.png

Is that the same as you?

Thanks, Sam

View Entire Topic
pauline_dumont
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,
I think the release notes are misleading.
So far, we had 2 choices in terms of image/icon display: icons and images, depending on the LMS_ADMIN showSystemDefaultThumbnail setting.

When set to false, the grey icons were used everywhere. When set to true, the photos are used, as you mentioned, @Emma_Scott. If you look at System Admin>Configuration>Images, depending on the value of the LMS_ADMIN setting, you can see the ones or the others.

The release notes mention that the images would be replaced and illustrate it with the ICON picture. However it's actually the PHOTOS that are replaced. 

pauline_dumont_0-1699008068461.png

So, for me, either the release notes should be updated to illustrate the change with the PHOTOS to reflect how it actually works now with the release, or a patch should be applied in the system to replace the ICONS instead of the PHOTOS, depending on what is intended by SAP.

I hope this helps.

Emma_Scott
Explorer
0 Kudos
@pauline_dumont. I agree the what's new viewer is misleading. To me it identifies only the icons are changing and not the photos.
Emma_Scott
Explorer
0 Kudos
I agree the what's new viewer is misleading. To me it identifies only the icons are changing and not the photos. I think they have applied the changes to the wrong component in the back end, if you are currently using the grey icons they are not actually changing with how the new icons have been deployed.
samwest
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi. I have had a response from SAP on my ticket to say that the photos are going in the new release. You can either have the new style icons or the old style icons - but no photos by default. Obviously they can be imported as custom images. Sam