cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP involved in refreshes that are executed via the Instance Refresh Tool?

Hari_Bhaskar03
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is SAP somehow involved in refreshes that are executed via the Instance Refresh Tool?

I am aware that we have an altogether Manual refresh process, where we will create an SAP ticket and request SAP to perform the refresh, that we do for Onboarding 1.0 and other modules that IRT tool doesn't support.

However, just wanted to understand, if SAP is involved in the self-initiated IRT requests or it is all an automated process (Pre-programmed) without any involvement of SAP representatives.

Kindly advice.

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Hari_Bhaskar03,

The refresh dates follows the SF maintenances, it means that SAP prevents you from scheduling it on dates that are for maintenance to avoid conflict.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear Hari_Bhaskar03,

When requesting the refresh from the tool, it will be automatic, but will always respect the threshold limit (Supported schema size of your source instance should not exceed the threshold limit of 400 GB of data. For Learning tenants, the schema size should not be more than 25 GB).

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

Hari_Bhaskar03
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Karen, Thanks for responding. So, SAP is not involved by any means and the entire process is automated right..? Sometimes we get to select the schedule data the very next day and while in other cases, we could select the date only 2-3 after the current date. Any reasons for this. I am aware SAP wont' do refresh on weekends.

Answers (0)