Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM-14003 - Allow labelling nominees as Emergency Cover

BalajiNudurupat
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team:

The details given in the release notes says that by marking an incumbent as Emergency Cover, he/she can take temporarily fill the position, in case of emergency.

But I have few clarifications:

1. What is the exact functionality / purpose of this field? 

2. How is it different from Readiness? 

3. What comes under emergency situations? 

Appreciate if someone can help me with this as I need to explain my Talent Management team the exact usage of it.

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
daniellanunes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @BalajiNudurupat . An emergency cover is a person who can step into the designated role in the event of an unexpected or emergency situation. The emergency cover can be a successor or not. E.g. a peer that is not a successor but can cover the incumbent for a short period, until the person is back or until a permanent successor is identified.

The goal of emergency cover in succession planning is to minimize disruption to the organization's operations and ensure that there is a designated individual or pool of individuals who are capable of assuming the responsibilities of the key role on short notice.

Hope it helps.  🙂

BalajiNudurupat
Contributor

Hi @daniellanunes:

Thank you for the reply and understood the goal.

As per your statement, the Emergency Cover may or may not be a successor. But currently, the Emergency Cover field is on the nomination portlet and not separated from succession planning. So, this restriction makes the HR to nominate the person identified as emergency cover as a successor to the position. Also  there is no other way to track the emergency cover outside the succession planning. 

I understood the goal but am trying to understand the relationship of this Emergency cover with Succession Planning.

Thank you.

BalajiNudurupat
Contributor
0 Kudos
ruchiaagarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

@daniellanunes

Hi Daniel,

I have a query related to Emergency cover option, is there a way we can change the default icon appearing for the emergency cover candidates. I couldn't find any option to do so.

Regards,

Ruchi