Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebEx VLS integration with SF LMS for 1H 2023 release

WaiMun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has anyone of your company successfully integrated LMS with the latest WebEx Rest API that was released as part of 1H 2023 release?

Keen to have a connect to understand what your company has done to get a successful integration.

Below documents have already been referred to:

- Virtual Learning Service Configuration (Webex Meeting Center)

- KBA 3317054 Webex meeting Center VLS Implementation

- Implementing Virtual Learning Systems (VLS) 1H 2023

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
tyankhoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below is the webex_rest template I got from SAP guide and I've gotten the values for other parameters. Just curious if this parameter "url_api_address" should stay as it is using "https://webexapis.com"?

Thanks.

=======================================================================================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<connector>
<description>Webex Meeting connector</description>
<!-- The Webex connector class for Webex Rest APIs. This cannot be modified. It is the
implementation class for Webex integration --><connector_class>com.successfactors.lms.framework.vle.impl.WebExRestConnector</connector_class>

<!-- ======================================= -->
<!-- configuration parameters for Webex -->
<!-- ======================================= -->

<!-- Server specific information provided by Webex.-->

<client_id></client_id><client_secret></client_secret>
<api_access_code></api_access_code>
<redirect_url></redirect_url>

</connector>

WaiMun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tyan Hee,

Yes, it is accurate.

<url_api_address>https://webexapis.com</url_api_address>

Thank you.

tyankhoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Wai Mun Cheong!

Have you experienced this error prior / previously related to "ErrorFingerprint"? Any idea how to avoid/solve this issue? Much appreciated.

Error message = Exception while validating VLS Configuration<br>Ticket No = 4387010<br>ErrorFingerprint [exceptionRootCauseTag=175cdf5a0699f3978e176411ee70ca0d40dc45fb, exceptionStackTraceTag=d5bebe5536c699bc3ed5a2722eac831a77237717]<br>Timestamp = 2023-08-17T12:47:07.389+0000<br>Stack trace = com.successfactors.lms.delivery.service.vle.exception.VleException: Exception while validating VLS Configuration at com.successfactors.lms.delivery.service.vle.webex.impl.WebExRestVleServiceAdapter.validateVlsConfiguration(WebExRestVleServiceAdapter.java:253) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at

vls-conf-error.txt

WaiMun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tyan Hee,

The API access code from WebEx Developer portal needs to be put in the xml template within 10 minutes if possible for the integration to work.

So I think you may need to update with a fresh API access code and then copy the fresh API access code into the XML template.

Thank you.

Looking forward to your updates.

tyankhoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wai Mun,

I see! Unfortunately, I was not able to do that previously. I'll reach out to my IT counterpart and retry. Will update here soon, thanks much!

JP007
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tyan

Did you ever managed to get this resolved? We are facing the same issue and are being given all kinds of contradicting advice from SAP, and getting nowhere. Its a bit harder for us to align with out IT counterpart so would be really keen to know if the "within 10 minutes" process worked for you? If it did I can get the necessary steps in place on our end to do the same.

Looking forward to your response, thank you!

JP

tyankhoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello jp.knoetze,

I am sorry for the delayed response as I have not noticed your message. It looks like after several attempts of trying, we still get the same "ErrorFingerprint" issue. We managed to meet with our internal IT OS team and reviewed all the steps which looks correct to us and did the "within 10 minutes" process but was unsuccessful.

We escalated this to SAP but they mentioned this is out of their realm (scope). I would therefore like to reach out to Ms. misswaimun again to see if she's able to share the Webex REST template with us to check the scope and parameters (we will alter accordingly) used are similar so that we can be sure that nothing is missing here, if that's ok for you Ms. misswaimun?

Thank you so much!