cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would it be possible to create a user group and use it as an exclusion rule in all Assignments Profi

carolinafaria
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a group of users who must remain active on the platform, but must not receive any learning assignments.

This list of users changes from time to time.

Would it be possible to create a user group and use it as an exclusion rule in all Assignments Profiles? This way, when the list of users changed, we would not need to enter each Assignments Profile to adjust manually, only the group in question.

Kind Regards

Carolina Faria

View Entire Topic
MaryKatherineJ
Contributor
0 Kudos

@carolinafaria, similar to what marimcguir said, there is no assignment profile rule attribute available for User Group, so there is no way to tell a profile that "User Group does not match". However, I just wanted to expand on the idea of using a user custom field in LMS before your EC implementation.

If you created a User custom field in LMS as marimcguir described (I agree that a Referenced field would be most advisable), then a Learning Admin with security permission to the Import Data function could use the User template to populate the custom field for the designated users as a bulk import. The navigation path to the tool is Learning Admin > System Admin > System Management Tools > Import Data > Entity Type = User. Similarly, a Learning Admin with the security workflow for Edit User (and appropriate security domain restrictions) could manually populate the custom field value for individual users when needed.

My point is that this process is POSSIBLE. Whether or not it is worth the maintenance hassle is a separate conversation.

carolinafaria
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for the clarification, MaryKatherineJ