Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enable Now upgrade 2305

Maggy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When testing the enhancement 'License for machine translation' on customer's preview server (Cloud edition), I don't succeed in getting the icon in the trainer bar. I've verified all settings as provided in the instruction.

Can someone advise?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Thomas_NOVO
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all

I made some tests and I can confirm.

If you have an customized trainer you have to make a small change and then republish it (only republish is not enough).

But there is a whole other issue that the button maybe is not displayed. Your content has to be flagged with one of the standard languages, if there are multiple countries with the same language. In my case I would need to change all Geman(Swiss) to German(Germany).

It would be very helpful if SAP would see that as an bug to be fixed. Why else should they provide all this country specific language codes, if it is a problem of SEN to interpret it...

Regards

Thomas

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Why else should they provide all this country specific language codes, if it is a problem of SEN to interpret it":

This is a difference between what languages SAP Enable Now supports, and which languages SAP Translation Hub supports. They are entirely separate products. If you have a need to translate from/to a specific language (Swiss German is a good example) then I'd suggest requesting this from the Translation Hub team. I wouldn't like to see languages removed from SEN just because TH doesn't support them.

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

What Trainer (content player) do you have set in the Playback Settings? If you have a custom content player, try using one of the standard Trainers, e.g. Trainer Style (Medium).

Can you please try unpublishing and republishing the Resources in your Workarea, particularly if you change the Trainer style.

Regards
Shane

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make a simple change to your Trainer, then finish editing and publish. I seem to remember there was a requirement to do that to pull in the latest settings.

Maggy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Dirk, I am sorry but this isn't working neither.

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

OK, there are a couple of things to check to determine why this is not working:

1. This can only work in the Preview environment at present, so hopefully, you are trying it in that environment
2. Check that the 10.6.11.5670 Trainer is the default in Manager under the Resources > Trainer area
3. Try resetting the Playback Settings object to the default if it is still not working. You do this by getting editing control of the object in Manager and then selecting Revert Resources from the menu that appears when you click the down arrow beside the Import Archive option in Manager.

Hopefully that will get things running for you.

Regards
Shane

Maggy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shane,

Thanks for all steps... but still not working. Note: when changing the trainer 10.6.11.5670 the trainer doesn't mention any navigation button anymore...

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your Trainer include content that is currently in multiple languages? If so, there's (currently) a 'limitation' whereby the translate button is only available if all content is in the same language. This is a know bug and should be fixed in the official release.

Maggy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Dirk, No I've created a new bookpage with only english content. I just remarked that the language of my bookpage was Dutch, so I've changed it into English, but still no icon visibel...

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

Are you trying to get the icon to appear in an Enable Now library or in SAP Companion content? Both are working so we should be able to get it going for you.

Regards
Shane

Maggy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Shane, I am testing on Enable Now library content. I've created a new bookpage with only english content, but is not working.