cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up SAP Enable Now to Custom Training Content.

AngadJadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Based on my experience, I assume that we need to complete different setup activities for the following scenarios to create custom content using SAP Enable Now. I have listed down high-level setup activities under each scenario.

Please help to validate these high-level Setup Activities required to create the custom content under each scenario:

Scenario 01: Setting up SAP Enable Now for creating custom Simulations and Job Aids (Words/PDFs)

High-level Setup Activities

• Set up a Work Area.
  • Set up a Content folder structure in the Work Area.
  • Add Author Roles in Enable Now Manager.
  • Install Producer in Authors' machines.
  • Create Templates for Simulations and Job Aids.

Scenario 02: Setting up SAP Enable Now for creating custom In-App (Context Sensitive) Help

Here, let's assume that we need to create custom In-App content for SAP S4 Hana (Fiori).

High-level Setup Activities

• Enabling SSO (Single Sign On) for SAP Enable Now and the targeted SAP system.
  • Set up a Work Area.
  • Set up a Content folder structure in the Work Area.
  • Link the Work Area to appropriate SAP S4 Hana Instance (e.g. Test Instance), in which the custom content will be authored.
  • Activate SAP Companion in the SAP S4 Hana (Fiori) site.
  • Enable SAP Companion at the App Level in SAP Fiori.
  • Add Author Roles in Enable Now Manager to create custom In-App content (Guided Tours).

Please help to validate the high-level Setup Activities listed above. Also, kindly add if I missed any imp. Setup Activity.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scenario 1: Generally correct, although you only 'install' Producer in an on premise implementation. For cloud you really just download/install the SAP Enable Now launcher.

Scenario 2:

• Point 3: No. You don't nee a structure
  • Point 4: You actually configure S/4 to point to your new Workarea
  • Point 5: No, that is covered by Point 4
  • Point 6: No, you don't 'enable' it per app. But you do create help content per app

You're asking some detailed questions. My advice would be to talk to your implementation consultant, or if you don't have one, review the Manager Manual and the SAP Companion Integration Manual. On the community, you'll get answers to questions, not detailed instructions or training.

AngadJadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanking you Dirk for the quick response.

Answers (0)