Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFSF Employment Details Alert is only triggered after a change in the portlet

adriangalisteo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi team.

i am trying to create an alert in a custom field in Employment Details that triggers an alert once it has detected that 47 and 107 months have passed since the date written in this field. "subrogation date".

The problem is that when i trigger the job "alerts and notifications" it just detects the field date once, that is to say that it will only trigger when the month 47 arrives but won´t trigger again when 107 months have passed since the subrogation date. So i can trigger the alert 1 time and then it doesn´t make any effect if i trigger the alert and notification jobs again, it won´t do anything.

The only way i am noticing that it triggers the alert again is when i perform a change in the same portlet and then i trigger the job. It looks like alerts only "restart" when a change is made in the portlet. (doesn´t have to be in the very field "fecha de subrogación")

I tried ot found more info and KBAs about it but don´t clarify exactly this situation, maybe is related with the fact that is not an effective dated portlet or something like that, but the portlet is in the list of portlets suitable for setting up alerts so theoretically should work by standard.

Does anybody know why this is happening or has any literature or a blog that can clarify it?

Regards

View Entire Topic
nlgro023
Active Contributor

I wonder if it really is a limitation in the portlet, or rather the business rule itself.
I assume you've added a business rule that checks with just 1 IF statement and if then seen as TRUE it will trigger both notifications in X months (if so, was the special parameter added to ensure you can use 2 notifications at once)?

If not, what did you set up instead?

You could alternatively also go for an integration center job combined with an onsave rule, that checks when the date (in comparison with the date of today) meets X 2 for both scenarios to meet your requirement (i.e. integration center job that looks at today - 47 months and 1 that looks at today - 107 months) where the onsave rule then checks if the admin user that triggers the onsave does the change.

adriangalisteo
Participant
0 Kudos

this is the business rule , i could not set all the alert effective dates under the same "THEN" because it only triggered the last date "107" even though the 47 was also in that set so i had to divide it in 2 differents if/then.

The integratin center/offcucle batch solution it could work but my purpose here is to know about the information about this behaviour in employment details portlet

thanks

adriangalisteo
Participant
0 Kudos
I read in the sap guides and lblogs that the alerts only detect changes, that is to say that it only will trigger when it recognizes a change in the "last modified date" that´s why it needs an integration center or a manual change to make the portlet "believe" that a change has been made. Sometimes this software feels counterintuitive