Kolkata Blog Posts
Find the latest news, discover community events in Kolkata, share your expertise on SAP and non-SAP topics, and learn from others via blogs posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataTherapist
Active Participant

It feels overwhelming to get mentioned in each post for #sitKOL but it is more important to give people their due respect and credit to make this event a Big success.

When we mentioned how much eastern region is contributing to SAP brain pull and they need to support us for SIT Kolkata. This was not the first time we raised concern for the Eastern region, but first time was heard.

Thank you, @Sindhu ,  @Abhishek & @maheshkumar.palavalli this is your event as much as it is of Eastern region event ❤️

The biggest challenge for any community event is sponsorship. When Prasuna da and IBM vowed for the event and need of recognition of sap gray matter, everyone started on boarding for the event.

Then we started looking for the venue as we do not have any SAP campus like Bangalore, Gurgaon & Hyderabad locations. A venue like Biswabangla where G20 summits happen was only possible because Debasis da supported us. He then mentioned we need to promote start up cultures related to sap.

So, we started head hunting and lucky enough to get support from Arindam da & Soumya Da.

Now, Structure was ready, my own company SAP leadership support was there but who will engage sap community here locally. I still believe I got lucky to find Pradipta, Sandeep, Subhashree but the count is not enough to execute an event like SIT. Our capacity for the event was planned for 500 people. We went to each possible connection in Kolkata and started on boarding volunteers. All volunteers are full time SAP working professionals in different organizations. Their working time is different, technology or functional module is different. If you know any of these volunteers, kindly appreciate their effort and commitment to make this event a success. Know that, if for an event they are so dedicated, they will do more if they get appreciated in their respective projects. Kindly treasure them.

@former_member145840   @sk2311 @agarwalmrahul @paul110494 @sudeshna099 @tamal.chatterjee @souryadip @sukanyaxx98 @sapsdsubu @priyankachanda2630 @jeet2013acn @priyam.chaudhury @meghdeep.biswas @subham_dutta  @suprotim_94 @arindam.mukhopadhay @Junaid 

Even though leading the event feels great but I would like to delegate the same to next in line person. This will help me to focus on what life & my career is offering me.

Finally, my mentors & my allyship, anything I do positive is because you have enabled me.  There are and there will be lesson learn are for my future improvements 😊

PS: Please feel free to let me know if I missed tagging anyone. Know that I am still processing the joy of the event success!

6 Comments