New York Discussions
Welcome to New York Discussions! Engage in meaningful discussions, exchange ideas, and seek advice from fellow SAP enthusiasts in the NYC community. Share your experiences, ask questions, and collaborate on SAP-related topics and NOT. This is the go-to space for interactive and insightful conversations that drive by the vibrant SAP community in NYC.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best food truck in NYC

smarchesini
Active Contributor

It's been a while since I opened a discussion, and I've been thinking about my favorite thing in life: food. Whenever I'm in Manhattan, I love to try different food trucks. 🚚

Many of my friends often ask me what to try and where to go. For me, there's only one rule: AVOID THE HOTDOG! They're overpriced, low quality, and represent an era that's now on the sunset. There is one place I would recommend trying, though – Gray's Papaya – but even then, it's not exceptional. 🌭

When I'm in Manhattan, I crave more than just a slice of pizza. I prefer going to a place near MoMa or Central Park, and Adel's Famous Halal Food is the best choice.

During the summer, there's usually a mile-long queue, and you might wait for more than 40 minutes, but it's worth it.

You can choose from different types of rice (white or yellow), meat (chicken or lamb), or falafel, along with a good sauce. It has not only huge portions,  also the price is acceptable for NYC, just a little over 10 dollars. 🍛

Adel's is so famous that they have two trucks in the same location.

What's your favorite food truck? Maybe in the south? 🌮

4 REPLIES 4

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Great tips @smarchesini - I am going to travel to New York in April. I am so much looking forward to it. 😃
I think we'll try Adel's Famous Halal Food although it might not work with such a long queue 😅
The hot dogs look delicious too, but I think I won't choose hot dog for food in New York... won't I? I am questioning myself here 😂

Do you have any other recommendations for me besides the "usual sightseeing"? It's not my first time there, however, always open and grateful for new tips!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Hey @sveabecker, if you're coming in April, do you think you'll have time to participate in a SAP Stammtisch? I want to organize one specifically for April 🙂

Apart from the usual sightseeing you're asking about, mmmmm. It depends on where you are, but I usually use the Michelin guide even for inexpensive restaurants, and there are so many that I haven't tried them all yet 😄

@smarchesini and @sveabecker - I'm so envious reading this!! I've been to New York a few times and always got great food 🙂 
@sveabecker - you're finally getting to go!! Would love to join you both - will be there in spirit lol.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

0 Kudos

❤️

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----