Product Lifecycle Management Blogs by SAP
Dive into product lifecycle management news, learn about digitalizing PLM for the digital supply chain, and stay informed with product updates from SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexander_teslyuk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Community,

I write this Blog to discuss possible business cases for the new Key-Value Pair Buffer functionality in SAP PCo. Some of them have been described in application help

• A production line has a transport system of carriers. Each carrier has a unique ID. There might be a product on each carrier that corresponds to an SFC in the SAP Manufacturing Execution system. You want the assignment of carrier ID to SFC to be retained and this assignment must not be lost if the PCo agent instance has to be restarted.

• A machine delivers measurement values frequently that are written via an OPC UA agent to an SAP HANA database as a tag-based notification. You want to enrich the measurement values with the name of the worker who is currently on shift. The worker’s name is kept in PCo and updated three times a day via an SAP MII user interface.

But there are, of course, more possible scenarios. Just for example, I may think about the following business cases:

• PCo collects some measured data but does not send it to the destination system immediately. Instead, it keeps the data in key-value pair buffer for a while and sends an average to a destination system (i.e. to SAP MII) after a certain period of time.

• Similarly to the Carrier functionality mentioned above, you may want PCo to buffer some more information about the associated Carrier or SFC that comes from SAP ME. For example you may want to buffer a Shop Order or Parent SFC number, or even some data already collected against the SFC so that later on the next steps/machines/resources, you do not have to query it one more time from SAP ME but rather use it from PCo buffer that can be significantly faster.

I hope to hear about your ideas and implementations too. Please, do not hesitate to comment on this Blog.

In case you have not used Key-Value Pair Buffer yet, I would recommend to discover this functionality with this new Wiki page: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/G4AkH

Best regards,

Alex.