SAP CodeJam Blog Posts
Check out SAP CodeJam blog posts to get updates and learn from attendees, instructors, and experts. Share your own expertise with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
You probably know me already from my blog „My first year with SAP Mentors“ and as I mentioned there I took over a new responsibility within the team. I now support the SAP Community Events like SAP Inside Track, sitKids and “Stammtisch”. Today I am writing within my new role and I am very excited to announce that we have a new SAP Inside Track “baby” on board: sitVIE in Vienna, Austria.

Let me introduce you to johann.fleitner2 and philipp.liegl. They are community members since 2013 and 2015 and already participated in different successful SITs in Germany as attendees as well as speakers.

The SAP virus has already infected johann.fleitner2 28 years ago. At his very first day of his first employer he was enabled to create his first ABAP-report (28 years ago it was under R/2 ). Since then the SAP world has changed tremendously – but one thing never changed: Johann’s passion for developing SAP application is unabated.

philipp.liegl works for over 15 years with the electronic data interchange (EDI). In the past years he realized a variety of connections to SAP ERP, SAP Business ByDesign and as well as SAP Business One. His special interest are the SD and MM-modules and how to improve and simplify the communication with external partners like customers and vendors. Since a considerable time, he is also engaging with SAP Cloud Platform.

With this background and the participation in different SITs like Munich, Hanover and Hamburg, the idea came into life to organize an SAP Inside Track in Vienna. The SITs in Germany were an open exchange between developers and SAP experts and offered an exciting insight in new technologies. With their first sitVIE Johann and Philipp would like to take the one important step to connect the SAP community in Austria with surrounding countries like Italy, Slovenia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Germany. And from they experience, they fully support the SAP Inside Track concept and are excited to provide this grassroot community event to their local community. Another reason is that Johann and Philipp experienced in the past that there is a lack of information on SAP S/4HANA in the local community in and around Vienna. Therefore, they decided to focus exactly on that topic and have invited ingo.braeuninger, who is an SAP Product Expert Product Expert in the Products & Innovation PI Core Platform ABAP Server and works in the Custom Code Migration to SAP S/4HANA development team, to support them. Ingo says about SAP S/4HANA:

“One of the biggest challenges for our customers during the system conversion to S/4HANA is the custom code adaptation. These adaptations are necessary because of the simplifications, e.g. data model changes, removal of obsolete functionality, removal of redundant components in S/4HANA compared to the classic ERP. To minimize the efforts for our customers to adapt their code the ABAP Platform provides tools to analyze custom code based on the so-called simplification database.

This toolset is crucial for customers on their journey to S/4HANA.”

In addition to the SAP Inside Track and as per established tradition, Johann and Philipp will host a SAP CodeJam the day before, where they will also focus on SAP S/4HANA during hands-on-sessions.

This is what Philipp and Johann say about their very first sitVIE:

“Both, the SAP Code Jam and the SAP Inside Track are a great opportunity to spend the weekend in a nice city with a great cultural heritage, to connect with your peers and friends, to make new friends, to gain new experience and insights, to listen to interesting talks, to give great talks, to fall in love with Vienna once and for all, and, and and…”

What is an SAP Inside track? It is a community driven event and a great possibility for SAP Community members to come together to share their knowledge about SAP related topics. And the combination with a SAP CodeJam with the same focus area is brilliant and I expect a high-level knowledge exchange these two days. You can get more information about SAP Community Events in the SAP community wiki.

Here are some facts about sitVIE and SAP CodeJam Vienna:

SAP Inside Track – November 24th 9:00 am
Location: LOFFICE in Vienna – http://wien.lofficecoworking.com/
Registration: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sap-insidetrack-vienna-2018-sitvie-tickets-49554283195
Follow #sitVIE on twitter!

SAP CodeJam – November 23rd 9:00 am
Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sap-codejam-vienna-registration-48713475316
Top kudoed authors