SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Returns with Type 3 (RLMOD = 3)

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue (or I don't know) when posting returns for a DD payment from FP09 using 'Type of posting' = 3, when I do so, after filling all the details, while entering Items and specifying the DD Payment Document, system is not proposing the amount by default. BUT when we use return posting type as 1 or 2 or space, then it populates the amount automatically.

When I try to close the Return Lot it gives me below error:

Manual item amount (0.00) is not equal to that of the RL item 000001 (291.00-)

Message No. >2579

Then I tried to follow the procedure mentioned in the error message which is to maintain Manual Posting Spec (stores in table DFKKRP3), I entered the CA and amount then it is allowing me to close the Return Lot.

I think this is the expected process but I want to understand the below:

A) Impact of using this new process - what are the documents cleared/posted?

B) Is this manual spec mandatory to be maintained?

C) What is the best way to pre-populate this manual spec/amount when the user selects type 3?

We have not used Return Type as 3 before and now after our latest SP upgrade, for deactivated PS, returns has to be posted as type 3 only (according to responses from SAP OSS message). Our users never used to carry out these new steps and now its prone to lot of new errors.

Thanks in advance,

Srini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

As per Standard SAP, the amount is not derived from automatically for a payment document if the type of posting used is '3'.

So to answer your queries,

1.If you are posting a return with RLMOD='3', then SAP will post a debit entry of the amount mentioned in the return specifications. It will not have any relation to the existing Payment document,for which payment dishonor has happened.

I guess, you have already gone through, SAP Notes-2116036,2136389

2.Yes, the reason being, for RLMOD 3, SAP triggerres, FM, FKK_CHECK_TDFKKRP3, which checks for the item in DFKKRP3 table.So until and unless,you fill up the Manual Specifications tab with the return items, it will not allow you to close the return lot.

3.In Standard SAP code, there is segregattion b/w how the items with RLMOD EQ 3 will be dealt with.

I guess you need to do an implicit enhancement for the same.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

As per Standard SAP, the amount is not derived from automatically for a payment document if the type of posting used is '3'.

So to answer your queries,

1.If you are posting a return with RLMOD='3', then SAP will post a debit entry of the amount mentioned in the return specifications. It will not have any relation to the existing Payment document,for which payment dishonor has happened.

I guess, you have already gone through, SAP Notes-2116036,2136389

2.Yes, the reason being, for RLMOD 3, SAP triggerres, FM, FKK_CHECK_TDFKKRP3, which checks for the item in DFKKRP3 table.So until and unless,you fill up the Manual Specifications tab with the return items, it will not allow you to close the return lot.

3.In Standard SAP code, there is segregattion b/w how the items with RLMOD EQ 3 will be dealt with.

I guess you need to do an implicit enhancement for the same.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thank you very much for your reply, its really helpful.

Now my question is around point 3, i.e. from FP09 if the user uses Type of Posting as 3 (New receivables, according to explicit entry), then is there any FQEVENTS or any other exit to populate the amount automatically at Line Item level details and also under 'Manual specs.' tab?

Next, in general, before our Service Pack upgrade, users were always using only return type as 2 (New receivables, derived from payment) only, now with this new check we are now forced to use Type 3 (or run report as per Note 1971630), what is the difference in FI-CA perspective? is there any new documents created now? what will be status of the original DD payment document, PS Document, RE return document? sorry for asking so many questions.

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

We have now managed to use Enhancement Implementation options at start and end of the Routine D300_ON_USER_COMMAND where we fill the Details items corresponding to the document user specified in the initial screen. Took a while to achieve this.