SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
SAPTeched…  A place to relax and bring your own geeky, fun, serious, outgoing, shy, happy, learning self to.  So cool.

So if you haven't take a moment to read various blogs about why to attend teched.  There is an  awesome one for us ABAP Developers.  It's worth taking a look at.  Networking, learning new skills, and being able to ask those  burning questions that you have are all of part of Teched and more.

I got to thinking about Teched, and I thought - I've been there a few times I wonder if I still have the badges?  So I tried to dig out all my old badges.  I could only find about half of them.  Maybe even less than half.

I was really good at persuading my boss to allow me to go. Once he/she started looking at me funny, I resorted to resorted to speaking.  Why?  I got a "Free" pass to teched.  It doesn't sound as great as it is.  So remember that when your being tough to speakers.  The free pass is to all the lectures.  All other costs are their or their company's own.  So is it worth it as the speaker?  Well, YES!  I met more people that way.  Plus it was a pretty good discussion point with my bosses.  So if you ever get a chance, yes do it.  While you are at those sessions, be kind.  Almost all of those people are there because they love sharing information.

So I have many different bottles from Teched.  Because I use them so much I dug up two of them.  From the first time to now - Teched is much more green.  No paper glasses and pre-washed bottles.  That is a change and a good one.  One that I miss is my first teched was that the day before it was SDN day.  Many different volunteers (who didn't get a thing) spoke during the day.  It was small.  I seem to remember around 20 people in the different sessions.  But it was fun.  And on to Teched now...   Well lets just say it is slightly larger.  The only time I went where it was in Las Vegas was when it was in Phoenix in 2009.  It was nice, but the walk was longer, and less things going on.

I was also able to dig up the thumb drives / flash drives or just plain stick.  I know I have more than these.  I also remember getting a backpack once, but it was in 2011, when not many people wanted to fly.  My Son has stolen that and uses it for his college computer bag.  (So not pictured)

These newer TechEds seem to have more and more sessions.  Very cool but it makes picking what sessions to go to so very hard.  I end up with a pretty spreadsheet - with the session that are offered more than once being highlighted in yellow, red are must go to and...  Well you get it.

So really what is the purpose of this post.  To get people thinking of Teched and getting excited about it!  I know I am.  It's to the countdown phase now.

I am so very lucky to get to go to Teched this year!  I hope you are too.  So many things to do and so little time.   If you see me sitting, walking, running or eating around somewhere - feel free to come on over and introduce yourself.   I'd love to meet you!

After all that - what are my expectations?

• Learning about the many, MANY, different benefits our new HANA has.  And more important how to use them

• Going to different sessions where there are a "use case" on something that is interesting.

• Asking some of my burning questions.  Perhaps getting answers from some of them.

• Meeting people.  Trying to  and talk with people more.  I'm basically a shy person by nature.

• Having fun!

If you are going to Teched - take a look at oddss comment.  We get Badges and added to a list for people going to Teched.   Pretty cool.

Sooooooooo: What do you remember of the Techeds in the past?  What are you looking forward to for this one?

8 Comments