SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abanip
Employee
Employee

Day 1:

Monday morning (Oct 21 2013), I see half of the crowd in The Venetian and the Palazzo lobby in suits or business casual. That’s a rare sight for Las Vegas. But as rare as it sounds, it happens almost every year around the same time, that’s because the crowd is here for the SAP Tech Ed 2013. So for people working or using SAP technologies (from SAP ERP to SAP Business Objects, SAP Success Factors to SAP HANA), the is the mecca of SAP.

So for somebody like me with career in consulting, this is a good opportunity to catch up with SAP colleagues, customer and networking with other attendees.  I met people from all walks of office life – IT managers, functional users, application administrators, project managers, consultants & developers. I also met few university graduates. This is great opportunity to network with people from around the world connected to SAP technology.

As always, SAP TechEd has been always focused on Educations. There are many lectures and expert sessions covering the latest and greatest offerings from SAP, Partners & Customers.  This also gives a rare opportunity to ask question and get an answers from the experts. Though I’m not presenting any expert sessions, I’m scheduled to help answering questions related to “Modeling aspects in SAP HANA”

There are also equal numbers of Hands on workshop covering almost all products offering from SAP.  For my part, I had pre-registered for two sessions on Predictive Analysis and Application development in HANA cloud.

With Billboards all around Vegas showing “COMING SOON: A Match Made in SAP HANA”, It was expected like last year, this TechEd will also be showcasing SAP HANA. Steve Lucas, President of Platform services at SAP introduced “Game On” as the theme of SAP TechEd-2013. With the latest buzz in “Big Data”, the keynote speaker Nate Silver (editor-in-chief of ESPN's FiveThirtyEight blog) discussed how “Great data, great technology and great people” can solve the issue of eliminating the noise and finding the signals to make better decisions.

Blog: Day 2