SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cecihuergo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

It’s that time of year again. SAP TechEd registration is live for both our in-person and virtual events! We’re beyond excited to reconnect with friends far and wide: the best developers, architects, analysts, system admins, and thought leaders from around the world. It’s time to learn together! This year, TechEd continues its trip around the globe, landing in Bangalore, India for the first time since 2019. Personally, I can’t wait to get my hands on some gorgeous silk textiles, eat awesome spicy food, and wander bustling streets in search of treasures to bring home to loved ones. I’m coming for you, India! That said, we know that Bangalore is far afoot for many of our audiences. We’ve got you covered! Our robust SAP TechEd virtual program features two days of live programming, with 50+ live lectures, 15 brand new “Jump-Start” sessions (more on those below), and customer/partner sessions that explore real-life problems, solutions, and innovations. Whether you join us in-person or online, this year’s SAP TechEd promises to deliver more SAP BTP updates, more information on moving to SAP S/4HANA Cloud and how to make the best of your Cloud ERP journey, and of course…more on the topic that’s at the top of everyone’s mind: how to harness the power of AI in business scenarios!

SAP TechEd Bangalore: Reunited and it feels so good!

Bring it on, Bangalore! This year’s in-person experience brings back the best of SAP TechEd’s of yore, from the Developer Garage to an old-school DemoJam, where six teams will vie for ultimate TechEd bragging rights live and onstage. It’s gonna get loud! 500+ onsite sessions offer opportunities to hear from SAP experts, customers, and partners as they share real-life best practices and experiences. Join Strategy Talks, Lectures, Voice of our Customer, and Voice of our Partner sessions to learn all about SAP’s latest innovations. Road Map sessions, Mini-Theaters, Demo Sessions, and Community Talks round out the “learning-by-listening” experience.

But SAP TechEd isn’t just about sessions, it’s also about spending time together and celebrating our community – connecting with experts and peers, getting your questions answered, and finding answers to questions you didn’t even know you had! Our show floor will be packed with opportunities to connect, engage, and unwind. Meet SAP experts and partners, check out the Developer Garage, and meet our Developer Advocates in the flesh…while trying out some fun tutorials at your own pace.

If you’re a TechEd veteran, you’re probably wondering why I haven’t mentioned the most coveted sessions at all. That’s right…I’m talking about Hands-On Workshops!  You didn’t think we’d host an SAP TechEd without offering deep, hands-on coding opportunities, did you? Of course not! As I like to say, these are TechEd’s “learning-by-doing” sessions, and we’ll be hosting a whopping 60+ workshops this year in Bangalore. You know the drill! Seats are limited so remember to act fast once the session catalog opens in September to grab a seat!

SAP TechEd Virtual: Once you go global…

…you never go back. We hear you! Our virtual program is at the heart of SAP TechEd, and it’s here to stay. With time-zone friendly programming designed for audiences around the world, you’ll find two full days of 100% live lectures and “Jump-Start” sessions, for all levels from beginner to expert coders. That’s right, we said 100% live. That means you can get your questions answered live. Submit your questions through the Q&A during the live session and the speakers will answer as many as time allows. “What if time runs out,” you ask?! Worry not! Our network of SAP Community experts will continue monitoring the questions here, so you can even keep the conversation going after TechEd. What happens at TechEd, does not have to stay at TechEd.

Katherine_K_0-1692806922972.png

Katherine_K_1-1692806922974.png

Introducing…Jump-Starts!

Check out this brand-new session format for our SAP TechEd virtual program in 2023. We wanted to bring a “hands-on” experience to our virtual show, but knew that asking attendees to join the same session for two hours while trying to complete the exercises and watch the instructor was not the best experience. So, we fixed it! Enter “Jump-Start” sessions. In this streamlined new format, speakers introduce the scope of the exercises and provide initial information relevant to the overall flow of the exercise. You have the chance to ask questions upfront, then can complete the exercises (wait for it…), without your headset on. You’ll receive a GitHub link (our go-to format for the past several years) and can complete the exercises at your own pace. Got questions? We’ve got answers! Just use the “issues” tab in GitHub and our experts will hook you up with answers.

There is so much to learn at the SAP TechEd virtual event. I hope you’ll check it out! All sessions will be recorded and available on-demand, so if you’re double-booked…you can always catch the replay. And, this year, we’ve reduced the number of sessions running in parallel. FOMO is real, people! We’ve stretched out the schedule to make it easier for you to build your agenda.

Katherine_K_2-1692806922974.png

Lock it in: Where ideas get real.

As you can tell, I’m super pumped about all the opportunities in store for you at SAP TechEd this year! Planning TechEd is a labor of love and we work tirelessly each year to make the learning a little richer, a little deeper, and a little more valuable for you to apply to your day-to-day work life. What are you looking forward to at TechEd this year? Drop me a note below…I want to help make every moment count at SAP TechEd in November!

Register now and be sure to join the SAP TechEd Group for further news & updates. Looking for an in-person meet up in your area? Check out our SAP Community "watch-and-code" parties to meet TechEd enthusiasts in your own ‘hood!

9 Comments