SAP Training and Change Management
Nutzt die Diskussionen zu Vorstellungen, Fragen und Anworten oder Reflektion rund um Training und Change Management im SAP Umfeld.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Using Text to Speech Feature in SAP Enable Now

AngadJadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We tried using the text to speech feature in SAP Enable Now for See-It simulations, and it is working. In preview mode, we can hear the audio. However, when we publish the MP4 format, the audio is not getting generated / not audible. If we do SCORM it will work, but our deliverable is only in MP4 format.

Kindly help.

4 REPLIES 4

KristinaKunad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Angad, 

please open a support ticket for this issue. There have been other questions about this issue in the SAP Community, so it might be a bug. 

Take care,

Kristina

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

The issue could be with your browser settings.  Browsers, such as Chrome, block the automatic playback of audio unless you specifically say that audio is allowed to automatically playback for a specific URL.  You can read more about the issue here.  To fix the issue, I have added the following settings to Edge, but you will need to do the same in Chrome is you use Chrome, to get auto play to work.

autoplay.png

Regards
Shane

0 Kudos

Hello Kristina and Shane, Thank you for your quick responses. 

I also googled a little and got an answer suggesting to verify your enable now license, which includes the capability to play audio files. Some versions or configs may have limitations on audio playback. We looked at the SAP Enable Now license for some other client, and found that the audio issue is not there? 

Do you have any thought on this? Can this be a license issue?

Thanks.

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Angad,

No, it is nothing to do with licenses.  Many Enable Now Cloud customers experience this issue and they do not even manage a license.  You can easily tell that it is the browser blocking the auto start audio by moving past the first page of content and then moving back to the page with the content.  When you go back to the page with auto start content, the browser is happy to play the content because the user is engaging with the content.  Unfortunately, the only option that I've found to let auto start audio play, on the first page of content, is to manage the Sound browser settings that I mentioned above.

Regards
Shane