SAP Women in Tech Discussions
Join the conversation in the SAP Women in Tech group or start your own discussion to share your thoughts, connect with the community, and build your network.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Importance of Public Speaking for Visibility of Own Expertise

Verena
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear SAP Women in Tech Community Members,

In today's discussion, I want to talk about an important topic - the significance of public speaking in making our own expertise visible. We all possess unique knowledge and experiences in our respective fields. But how can we best share these and position ourselves as experts? That's where public speaking comes into play.

Discussion Topics:
Why is public speaking important for presenting expertise and establishing oneself as an expert?
What are the benefits of giving public talks or presentations for professional development?
What challenges are there in public speaking, and how can they be overcome?
What tips and strategies do you have for appearing confident and convincing in front of an audience?
What platforms or events offer opportunities for public speaking, especially in your field of expertise?

I invite you to share your thoughts, experiences, and questions on this topic. Let's explore together how public speaking can contribute to making our expertise visible and fostering our professional growth.

I look forward to an engaging discussion.

Best Verena 

1 REPLY 1

Palak
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I believe that it is very important to overcome the fear of being judged and confiding in one's abilities to take the first step towards public speaking. It really helps in exchanging ideas and building meaningful relationships.

It obviously requires a lot of prep and understanding of the audience we are presenting to and always imporves over time. The idea of presenting to a vast audience still gives me burtterflies inmy stomach but I have learnt to still pursue public speaking despite all odds 🙂