Supply Chain Management Blogs by Members
Learn about SAP SCM software from firsthand experiences of community members. Share your own post and join the conversation about supply chain management.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
S/4 HANA embedded EWM 2020 has come up with a game changer solution which many of the customers might have used enhancement/ Badi to release partial stock of HU assigned for one Manufacturing( Production or Process) order to another order.

This functionality allows.

• Manually release a partial quantity of the stock,  if a full pallet(HU) of stock is staged to the PSA but only partial quantity of this HU is needed than the full quantity for that PMR( Technical replica of manufacturing order in EWM). Generally when whole HU is staged to PSA and it is required to divert some of stock to another manufacturing order, whole HU is locked for Single Order staging. 

This method allows you to stage products for a specific PMR, or for a PMR that has special characteristics. For example, you could stage products from a special batch for one PMR.

Actually this is part of Customer connection program and can be used in 1709 Embedded version and 9.5 Decentral via SAP note Implementtaion-2890364 - Release Partial Quantity of Single Order Staged stock. However, in S/4 HANA 2020 Embedded, it is a native functionality.

Prior to release of this functionality, whole HU was locked and it was allowed to release the reference of PMR.

1709 Embedded EWM Screen shots: Whole HU is locked, only option is to completely de-link the reference of Whole HU which is not desirable.

In Embedded HANA EWM 2020, Partial quantity of HU is allowed to be diverted for other manufacturing order from Fiori App in Stage for Production & Clear from PSA.

The link between partial HU qty of 40 EAs and PMR( PWR) is broken, and it is ready to be used for other manufacturing orders.

Technical Aspect:

The implementation of the interface /SCWM/IF_API_MFG_STAGE, the class /SCWM/CL_MFG_STP_REVERSE and the EWM applications "Staging for production" and "Clear Production Supply Area" are enhanced so that partial quantities of the reserved single order staged stock can be released

Limitation:

This functionality is only available for non-serialized products in the EWM applications "Staging for production" and "Clear Production Supply Area" because no serial number selection is available there. I know some of customers using serialized components in staging will be disappointed from this as there is no standard way to unlocking HU in this case.

Hope this will help many customers around the globe using API in manufacturing. In future, I would more write on Manufacturing EWM interface like JIT Stock transfer, Tugger Train with Distribution equipment, Repetitive manufacturing integration to EWM. Stay connected:)

Any suggestions to improve this blog will be highly valued.

Regards

Shailesh Mishra
8 Comments
prakashpol1
Explorer

Hi Shailesh,

Thanks for sharing this extremely useful EWM functionality of Advanced Production Integration.

I have a below question, it will be great if you can help to clarify-

Is this functionality also going to be natively available in Decentralized-EWM on S/4 HANA 2020? If yes, will the Decentral-EWM Fiori Apps will have this above mentioned button "Release Partial Quantity" as well?

Best Regards

Hi Shailesh,

Great article. Thanks a lot for sharing. We have faced this SOS issue in project. But I think manually assigning extra Qty to another Process Order can be operationally challenging. It would have been great if multiple POs can be mapped to 1 HU. Example : for a material , PO1 needs 40 KG, PO2 needs 30 KG, PO3 needs 50 KG need to be staged but we have a HU of say 200 KG. So all the three should be mapped to HU1 using Single Order Staging.( SOS ). I know this is a contradiction but no point bringing 3 HUs of 200 KG to staging. Not keen to use Cross Order Staging ( COS ) , as visibility is a challenge in COS. Operator will not know if stock is available for a particular operation or the staged stock is consumed by some other PO/op. Any thought on this ? Am I missing something.

Regards

Sayan
shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Prakash,

Yes, it should be there in Decentralized EWM 2020. Since, this functionality can be downported to 9.5 Decentral version, it should be by default natively available in 2020 Decentral as well. Please check this note 2881398, Release stock in staging: New check for quantity to be released.(SCMEWM 950)

Best regards

Shailesh Mishra
shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Sayan,

Thanks for your feedback.  The concept of this functionality released by SAP is allow the partial  quantity of a BOM component in packed form( HU) can be diverted to other manufacturing orders for SOS as in this case entire HU is locked. In earlier version, it was required to release the entire HU qty which was not desirable.

Question:

Example : for a material , PO1 needs 40 KG, PO2 needs 30 KG, PO3 needs 50 KG need to be staged but we have a HU of say 200 KG. So all the three should be mapped to HU1 using Single Order Staging.( SOS ). I know this is a contradiction but no point bringing 3 HUs of 200 KG to staging.

Answer:

This could be practically possible if 1 HU of, Ex. 300 KG for 1 Production is at PSA. However, due to some production constraints or decrease in customer demand, only partial qty of HU is needed at PSA, 80 KG. So required qty is 300-80=220 KG of HU can be partially distributed into 50 , 50, 100, 20 units but manually to other Orders.

In this case, you can use stock determination for staging in a way that you first check for stock that is already in the PSA (after ' Partially release stock' from another order) before you create tasks to fetch the product from the warehouse. This way the distributed HU qty at PSA will be first assigned from PSA, then from warehouse.( P2, F2).

Hope this somehow nearly matching the requirement not exact but can be compromise solution.

Best regards

Shailesh Mishra
Thanks Shailesh,

Yes agree that this nearly matching the requirement. But manually releasing stock becomes slightly challenging for operations.

Imagine there is no stock in PSA and we have requirements ( 30 KG each for Mat A ) in three operation/phase of a PO which is staged using SOS. Currently in SOS , system propose 3 separate HUs ( each say 100 KG ) to be staged which results in high volume ( 300 KG ) in PSA which is not desirable. But it would have been great if system would have behaved like ... first assign HU1 ( 100 KG ) to first operation/phase ( 30 KG ) and released 70 KG for next requirement. Next assign second phase ( 30 KG ) and release rest 40KG automatically for next requirement and so on.

We are trying to use combined pick so that only 1 HU ( 100 KG ) can be picked i.e. 90 KG will be used. And later 10 KG can be manually released for using in other PO as you mentioned.

Regards

Sayan

0 Kudos
Hi

Is there any way to assign a free handling unit in order to be consumed by a production order which is requesting as a single order? I mean sthg similar to copawa transaction. Or the only way is re-executing /scwm/stage?

thanks in advance
balate01
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Shailesh,

the scenario is in an embedded S/4 release 2020.

Using PMR documents, regarding the staging for a Single Order Product, I understand that if I have enough stock for one component in the PSA for the Production Order related, it should not create any new WT when running again the statging (scwm/stage) for this PSA or Production Order, although the stock is less than "minimum stock in PSA" (according to table psastage), should it?

My issue is that a new WT is created and that produces an overstock in the PSA.

Thanks,

Josep M
sarodi
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Sayan,

Did you get a workaround for your issue? We have a similar case.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards.
Labels in this area