cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically save error inbound queue to SMQ3 T code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to save error inbound queue (from SMQ2 T code ) to SMQ3 T code (Saved Inbound queue ).

Would like to know is there any standard program/Back ground jobs or any way to do by custom program/Object .

Thanks in advance .

Regards ,

Saravana Kumar S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply , As you rightly pointed "If you save a queue, then follow-on queues may get processed and the original sequence is not kept. This may lead to inconsistencies, stock discrepancies,...." ....

We are not going to save all the error queues into SMQ3 T code , Say example , One of the queue is been stuck due to known issue we need to get elevated access to process/modify the queue until then , The error queue is remains in SMQ2 and questions are being asked ,To avoid that we are going to park the queue in SMQ3 T code for short time interval . Hence we are looking for standard or custom logic to save the error queue by entering in the selection screen (not a back ground job ) .

Hope i shared my requirement correctly .Kindly help me for the above requirement .

Regards ,

Saravana Kumar S

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you are referring to the integration between ERP and EWM, right?

If yes, I wonder why you want to save queue entries with errors. This will not solve problems but may make them bigger, especially if you plan to have this as a generic concept.

If you save a queue, then follow-on queues may get processed and the original sequence is not kept. This may lead to inconsistencies, stock discrepancies,....

Also if you have saved a queue entry, how will you see or analyse the error situation (as you can not see this in SMQ3).

Do you know the queue monitoring in /SCWM/MON? It offers a lot additional functions for error analysis compared to SMQ2. It is much more proposed to solve the error queues rather then to "hide" them.

You may also search for notes as there are many notes that avoid typical errors in queues and/or make the resolution easier.

E.g.

- automatic alerting based on configuration in case queues have an error

- automatic restart of queues in case of locking errors

- queue editing

Best regards

Markus