Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic update of Freight Order

Vamsi_Javaji
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi TM Gurus,

Need advice on an issue.

We are using SAP S/4 Embedded TM Functionality.

We are creating Freight Units based on Confirmation Quantity of the sales order. Post creation of FU's, Freight Order is created and we start planning. Usually, the confirmation date is not based on available stock, but based on ATP. If there is any change in the delivery date of the Purchase Order, Sales Order gets updated with new dates.

Now, when we are running BOR jobs, system is deleting the existing FU and creating a new FU based on new confirmation date. I saw couple of issues.

1. When New FU is created, it is not automatically updating the Freight Order. (But in the same sales order, if i add new line item, then the FU is getting updated in FO).

2. New Dates that are created in Sales Order is not updating the Freight Order.

Can you please advice, if we have a way to update Freight Order, when existing Freight Unit is replaced with new Freight Unit?

Regards,

Vamsi.

View Entire Topic
a_montesdeoca
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi 100399804489,

Just to complement Jalag’s answer. The change controller can react to different scenarios:

• Additional or deleted freight unit or location of the following documents:

-Forwarding order

-Forwarding quotation

-Order-based transportation requirement

-Delivery-based transportation requirement

• Quantity Changes: You can use a quantity tolerance determination condition to determine the tolerances for a quantity change in a business document. In case of a quantity change, the change controller evaluates this condition to dynamically determine if this quantity change can be classified as relevant or if it can be ignored.
  • Changes to dates/times: You can use a date tolerance determination condition to determine the tolerances for a date change in a business document. This means that in case of a date change, the change controller evaluates this condition to dynamically determine if this date change can be classified as critical or uncritical or if it can be ignored.
  • Changes to locations/stops, transportation service level or reported execution information

The result can be the FU removal of the transportation plan, invalidate successor business documents, stop/restart tendering or issue alerts.

Hope this helps.

Arturo Montes de Oca

Vamsi_Javaji
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jalaj and Montes.

Thank you for your reply, i will check the settings we have for Change Controller. Presently for Freight Order type, i have DEF_CHACO assigned.

As part of testing, i found one interesting thing. If we assign "Delivery Group" to the line item in Sales Order, then FU is only getting updated with the new confirmed Date and its not deleting and creating new FU, once the Back Order Rescheduling job updates the sales order.

But, Freight Order is not getting updated with revised date. I hope change controller parameters can solve this.

Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Vamsi.