Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Assignment to TU

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello EWM experts,

This is a conceptual query in EWM.

Consider a case wherein more than one warehouses have been defined in EWM and deliveries are created and transferred from ERP to EWM corresponding to these multiple EWM warehouses. During execution, does EWM allow assignment of such deliveries (corresponding to different EWM warehouses) to a single TU? Or is it required that deliveries corresponding to a single warehouse only must be assigned to Transportation Unit?

Thanks,

Ruturaj

View Entire Topic
Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

Physically transportation unit is your truck in which pallets can be loaded regardless from same or different physical warehouses. Ideally system should be flexible to do this. Otherwise you need create multiple TU for the delivery pick on same route.

I guess there would be some limitation however system should allow this.

This is query for you but in past we had this problem where delivery from Malaysia assigned to TU from Indonesia. for which we raised OSS to not allow this kind of assignment.

Thanks,

Sandip

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

Thanks for your inputs.

You mentioned that "in past we had this problem where delivery from Malaysia assigned to TU from Indonesia. for which we raised OSS to not allow this kind of assignment."

In this case, were the Malaysia and Indonesia deliveries fulfilled from the same warehouse or different warehouses? I am asking this because, if they were fulfilled from different EWM warehouses, then it would mean that EWM allows such delivery assignments to the same TU (for which OSS had to be raised to disallow assignment). Moreover, did SAP create a note to stop such assignment?

Regards,

Ruturaj

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

Both were different EWM warehouses and one TU was assigned to two different deliveries belongs to different plant/warehouses. Eventually we came to know that this happened because of the user mistake.

So based on this I can say system is allowing to assign 1 TU to different deliveries belong to different warehouses. However we never used this and I did not get any documentation on this.

hope other expert can throw more light on this.

Thanks,

Sandip

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

Thanks again for your feedback. It helps.

One last question. Was an OSS note created by SAP based on your request? If yes, can you please share the OSS Note number?

Regards,

Ruturaj

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

In fact it was the OSS message raised to SAP and I am not sure If any SAP note is available for this.

Why don't you try it on your test system if this is your requirement.?

Thanks,

Sandip

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks Sandip.