cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite Heuristic source of supply selection between 2 plants

maria_lorenzo
Explorer

Hi everyone.

I have a question regarding a test scenario we are preparing on our IBP system involving Finite Heuristics.

Scenario is the following: 2 plants are producing one product that is shipped to a DC and then to multiple customers.

Objective of the scenario is that in case of customer demand higher than production resources capacity of one plant (say plant A), the remaining demand should be produced in the second plant (plant B). In case of customer demand lower than the capacity of the plant A, all the production shall be assigned to it.

I tried in setting up various KF for the Finite Heuristic run but i always obtain that instead of moving to the second plant, the system is calculating early production on the same plant (say plant A) for the excess demand.

Could you please enlight me if there is a way to make the system choose between early production or a different plant as source of supply? Or, in another way, is it possible to disable the early production logic and just transfer the exceeding demand to a second plant in the same period?

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Best Regards

Lorenzo

View Entire Topic
girish_nitie
Participant

Hi Lorenzo,

I don't think it will be feasible with finite heuristic, Optimiser can definitely do that.

As finite heuristic doesn't consider inventory holding cost rate, so I don't see any workaround to force it to switch to Plant B rather than doing pre build / early production at plant A.

Thanks

Girish

maria_lorenzo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

thank you very much for your reply.

I tried several combinations of KF and indeed looks like it is not feasible with the current capabilities of finite heuristics.

I will award your reply.

Best regards,

Lorenzo

girish_nitie
Participant

Thanks for Update, in OBP heuristic side we have control to do it using "Alternating" feature in source of supply selection profiles BUT in TS finite heursitic side we don't have any such feature so it will only go for maximum pre-build first.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_INTEGRATED_BUSINESS_PLANNING/09154e4f345c46edb1d74f782be4d9bd/aaa50b56...

maria_lorenzo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the additional explanation and for your time to reply to my query.

I will define a different scenario for TS finite heuristic.

Best Regards,

Lorenzo