cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP Dissaggregation expression being ignored?

mark_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus!

I've seen a few posts on this topic but most have been unresolved or are slightly different than our requirement.

Here is a summary of our requirement and actions taken thus far:

1. KF1 exists at planning level PRODLOCCUST

2. There are two LOCIDs 'A' and 'B'. If we enter forecast at PRODCUST level and add in LOCID attribute, we would like LOCID 'A' to get 100% of the disaggregation. Only if we deliberately enter the into LOCID 'B' at detailed level should there ever be a forecast there.

3. New key figure KF2 created at same planning level for intent to be used in disagg expression. This key figure is given value '1' for all combinations with LOCID 'A'.

4. Now my key figure has Aggregation mode 'SUM', Disagg Mode: 'Equal distribution', Proportionality: 'Disaggregation Expression' and is marked calculated and stored.

My disaggregation expression is IF(KF2 = 1, "KF1", NULL). However, when I add in LOCID it still disaggregates % to the unwanted LOC ignoring the expression. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Z

View Entire Topic
ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor

Hello mark_j

Based on the information you have provided you have done everything right. But still some % of forecast is going to a different location. the only possible reason is that somehow some old dissagg value is being respected.

First initialise the the KF so that all existing values in that KF is deleted. Then drop the forecast again at PRODCUST level and it will work.

Incase it doesnt, then remove the calucation and makr the KF as stored only and repeat the above process.

mark_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you ayanbishnu1981! It seems to be working now after I initialized the key figure again with all "1" values when LOCID = 'A'.

Is there a way I can initialize KF2 to = '1' if LOCID = 'A' automatically at definition level rather than upload key figure values manually?

I have KF2@REQEST = AVG("KF2@PRODLOCCUST") so far, if I try to add another calculation input like:

KF2@PRODLOCCUST = IF("LOCID" = ' 'A' ', 1, NULL) I get this error:

Specify at least one input for the KF2@PRODLOCCUST calculation definition.

One calculation input is mandatory for the calculation.

Thanks again!Z
ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please send me the screenhots of the KF1 and KF2 after that I can suggest you better.

mark_j
Explorer

Hi Ayan,

I was able to use attribute as key figure and then copy into key figure with same planning level as KF1 so that I could reference the MD attribute in disagg expression. All is good now thank you so much for you assistance!

Z

mark_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

I was testing again today and the disaggregation expression is not working if it looks like this:

IF("LOCID" = 'A', KF1, NULL).

But it does work if I use integer value instead of KF1, example IF("LOCID" = 'A', 99, NULL).

I saw another post where you were helping another user here where they had the same exact scenario. My sales forecast is > 0 so I don't understand why '99' works but KF value does not?

Thanks!

Z

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KF1 has to be a stored KF and thier should not be any calculation in KF1 except at request level.

The base PL of KF1 has to be the same as the target KF where you are writing the expression. Also the target KF should be stored only and thier should not be any calculations defined at the base PL of the target KF.

Also if possible share screenshots of both the KFs