Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP Excel logon - WebView issue / long waiting time till login

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi community,

since a couple of days we are facing SAP IBP login issues w/in the MS Excel add-in. Usually it does not happen at the beginning of a working day with a freshly opened Excel. However it happens for multiple users after a couple of hours. This can be after auto logout or switching between IBP backend system connections. We observed two different issues related to the login prompt:

1. The login prompt takes quite long until it has been fully loaded, i.e. one can enter the user credentials
  2. The login prompt starts flickering for round about 10-15s until the error message "Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'webView'."
    Login_prompt_WebView2.png

The MS Edge WebView 2 Runtime Environment version is 123.0.2420.81 and should be the most recent one. Also the IBP Excel Add-in version 2402.03. is pretty much up to date.

Unfortunately it can't be reproduced on demand.
Does anyone else face similar issues?

BR, Peter

pkietlinski
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Same here after add-ing upgrade to 2402,infinite loop
View Entire Topic
peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi together,

just as an FYI in case you face similar issues during login or re-login tp SAP IBP via Excel.
We are currently in touch w/ SAP. They released the brandnew Add-In version 2402.5.0 which is intented to solve the issue(s). I am testing this specific version since two days and it seems that my second point "The login prompt starts flickering for round about 10-15s until the error message "Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'webView'." got solved. So far we did not run into the same error message again.

However the first point still remains and the login duration is still very slow. Hopefully there will be some enhancements in regards to performance w/in the upcoming releases.

BR, Peter