cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Vendor for repair and return

Thamimul_Ansari
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi, How can we send the material to vendor(Non SAP user) for repair and return.

Currently i am using ZLO(Offline process) which does not show equipment movement in SAP and the status shows the equipment still at my plant whereas i have moved it to vendor for repair. Upon receipt of the physical equipment back to my plant, we are performing stock return process in SAP and bringing the equipment to inventory stock.

I am looking for brief transaction movement or process to move the equipment to vendor in SAP, and later need to receive it in my plant's active stock upon physical receipt from the vendor.

View Entire Topic
jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of questions 

1. Is your Equipment also mapped to Serial Number # ? 

2. Have you explored standard Refurbishment process means -- Order (bring serial to inventory using 262)-->Sub Con PR-- Subcon PO--Transfer Posting 541O (Ship to Vendor) tracking available in MBLB--then receive 101 back to inventory 

point 2 needs split valuation if your org do not have split valuation --you can still explore Subcon process with serial numbers --

Refer for serial in purchasing https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE/25a41481f62e469ba0e61015a0d39d20/ec28b753128eb44ce10...

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE/e72f747389b340229f7fa343975bfa57/3cdbc353b677b44ce10...

Thamimul_Ansari
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks JagdeepSingh. Yes my equipment is serialized component. Can you please eleborate the steps required as i am bit confused. Regular Purchase Requisition created against the local job order(work order) but without material number--> Regular PO using the same created PR --> 541 movement in MIGO to ship to vendor --> Shipping the physical component to vendor through ZLO-DT/Shipment --> Receiving the physical unit back from the vendor --> Perform GR(using MB1B-101) for the PO(initially created without material number). Then the serial number will reflect in my stock location (OR) do i need to perform separate movement to bring the unit in to my stock? Please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks in advance
Thamimul_Ansari
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks JagdeepSingh. Yes my equipment is serialized component. Can you please eleborate the steps required as i am bit confused. Regular Purchase Requisition created against the local job order(work order) but without material number--> Regular PO using the same created PR --> 541 movement in MIGO to ship to vendor --> Shipping the physical component to vendor through ZLO-DT/Shipment --> Receiving the physical unit back from the vendor --> Perform GR(using MB1B-101) for the PO(initially created without material number). Then the serial number will reflect in my stock location (OR) do i need to perform separate movement to bring the unit in to my stock? Please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks in advance
Thamimul_Ansari
Explorer
0 Kudos