Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staging bin proposal for a outbound delivery in SAP EWM

krishnakumar_chokkar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

We have one requirement with respect to staging bin determination .

There is one staging storage type (example:GI01) & one storage section , which contains 2( example : GI-Bin1 & GI-bin2) storage bins with unlimited capacity.

After picking it goes to pack stations and by completing a pack activity with "close hu" option in RF , the system will create the warehouse task pointing to the destination staging storage type alone and then the user will update the staging bin at the time of confirmation of the warehouse task to staging bin. ( Staging bin decision should be made by user after packing)

Now the main thing here is , suppose there are 3 HUs for an outbound delivery and the user moves the first HU to the one of the staging bin ( example: GI-Bin1) by manually updating the destination bin in the warehouse task , then remaining 2 HUs for that outbound delivery also should be moved to the same staging bin ( GI-Bin1) .Either system should propose the same staging bin for the other 2 Hus or suppose if the user enters the another bin( GI-Bin2) incorrectly while moving the 2nd & 3rd HU , then system should throw some error.

I have tried by updating the putaway rules for the staging storage type as "Consolidation group" and updated all the delivery items with the same consolidation group.

But the issue here is if i have 3 HUs for my outbound delivery and in that for the 1st hu i have moved manually to one of the staging bin and while moving the 2nd HU the system is not proposing the same bin while scanning the WO in RF and if i scan with the other staging bin purposefully, system is allowing to proceed further without any error.

In other cases, suppose I have only 2 HUs for my outbound delivery and in this case if I move my first HU manually to one staging bin and while processing the 2nd HU system itself, proposing the same staging bin correctly during scanning in RF.

So if we have only 2 HUs the system is working fine and if we have more than 2 HUs it's having issues & not able to achieve this requirement.

Is there any way to achieve this requirement?

former_member788724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

What is business rule for the user to select the staging bin?

Is that look and see and decide the staging bins based on whichever is available and free or less occupied.

You have mentioned there is no capacity constraint for the staging bins , then please elaborate the business rules based on what one should decide the staging bin.

Regards

ASLAM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)