Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP integration with S/4HANA Cloud Test&Demo system

maria_lorenzo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding integration between SAP IBP and S/4HANA Cloud Test and Demo system.

I would like to set up an integration scenario between the 2 solutions but i could not find which kind of test and demo system allows me to do that. In particular, on SAP Partner Portal i can choose between Public Cloud and Private Cloud but i couldn't find detailed information regarding integration capabilities or differences between the 2.

Could someone explain which solution i should use for IBP integration and if there are documents which explain the differences between Public and Private Cloud?

Thanks very much and best regards

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello maria_lorenzo.

How are you? I have included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility" for this question, as this Tag is relevant for Integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP IBP.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PrasanthM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi maria_lorenzo,

You can find information regarding IBP integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud in this note. You can find the difference between Private cloud and Public Cloud here

Best Regards,

Prasanth

maria_lorenzo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Prasanth for the reply.

I took a look at the note and looks like it is now only supported by using a middleware. However the note does not specify if it refers to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public or Private edition. Shall i assume it is valid for both of them?

Thanks and best regards

Lorenzo

PrasanthM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Lorenzo,

The note is meant for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public edition. Unless it is explicitly specified, SAP S/4HANA Cloud refers to Public Cloud.

In that note, you can connect to the APIs in SAP S/4HANA Private Cloud using the middleware, by exposing them via Cloud connector as explained here https://blogs.sap.com/2022/02/03/cloud-connector-explained-in-simple-terms/.

Best Regards,

Prasanth

maria_lorenzo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Thank you very much for the explanation and link.

If i understood correctly, it is possible to integrate on both Public and Private cloud system with the middleware and API(Odata) services.

Thanks and best regards

Lorenzo

Answers (0)