Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vidushi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

With the 1H 2024 Release, On the Company Info page, the My Team Positions page can be used to manage and update the positions by managers or supervisors. With the new My Team Position feature you can now use templates to create Quick actions for positions for managers

My team position is available under quick actions on the home page and is available upon activating the Role-based permissions for My team position. You can enable it as follows -

Administrator Permissions--> Manage Business Configuration -->Employee Central Quick Action Template permission.

Once the permissions are enabled my team positions will be available for managers under company info.

Vidushi_0-1714302242763.png

Under quick actions

Vidushi_1-1714302242766.png

Once these available templates are configured. The following templates are available –

1. Create Same-Level Position (Copy Rule)
  2. Create Same-Level Position (Copy All Fields)
  3. Change Location of Position
  4. Change Job Details of Position
  5. Change Organizational Data of Position

To configure the template, go to Manager data --> create --> select employee central quick action template. Select the use case. Here I have selected “Change Organizational Data of Position”.

Provide quick Action name. I have given “Change Organizational Data of Position”

Select the position information as follows –

Base object – Position

Field – Department, division, business unit, company, cost center. You can select up to 8 fields. Save.

Vidushi_2-1714302242774.png

The permission above quick action under User permissions à Employee Central Quick Actions

Vidushi_3-1714302242785.png

Now login as a manager or proxy as a manager. Following Action will be available under my Team positions.

Vidushi_4-1714302242789.png

Managers can now click on this action to change Department, division, business unit, company, or cost center and synchronize with Job information on people profile. 

Vidushi_5-1714302503417.png

2 Comments
Labels in this area