Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
SAP Tech Ed Recap         

Wow…. I am amazed at the new features shown during SAP Tech Ed today. I am also happy I was able to attend the conference and meet old and new friends in Las Vegas.

The First night (day before the conference) I met the developer advocates group and quickly caught up with some of them as well as some of the other #SAPMentors and #SAPChampions that were attending. It is good to start the event and bounce ideas and questions since we have been away for 3 years, but everyone is still here for the same reason.

Day 1 - Keynote

So many great announcements! The main one I liked is that there is great innovation within SAP and other technologies that are being incorporated into the Business Technology Platform (BTP #IsTheChoice). SAP has worked hard at releasing new technologies, providing innovation to customers and partners, they are also committing to upskill and make learning available either via the learning.sap.com or via the partnership between SAP and Coursera. This is a huge step to make training available. Who does not remember their first SAP project, and everything seemed foreign and outside of this world to the point of thinking that nothing makes sense. Now, people can acquire training and prepare themselves prior to getting a job and further, build additional knowledge on top of what they already know.

As an #SAPBuilder I am fascinated with the integration capabilities of the tool itself and with the capabilities of the integration withing the SAP #BTP platform; everything from screen capture to consuming integrated APIs, setting up destinations and building/consuming AI models and providing value to our clients. This tool has a lot to offer and will engage teams closer together. I foresee closer team building relationship between business, citizen developers and technical teams.

#SAPBuildProcessAutomation – The example shown during the keynotes about approvals is very common in most companies and use cases, however, SAP is also making other workflow templates available to customers who use the #BTP. Opportunities are endless with so much integration from the same platform and within the same technology. This platform is really making it convenient to implementors to think, design, develop and deliver in a timely manner.

#SAPBuildWorkZone, the Work zone is exactly what it describes; it is a zone/place where customers can see dashboards, graphs, and business intelligence built on top of their #dataDriven solutions. From the work zone dashboard, it seems to me that customers can navigate to other #SAPBuildApps, #FioriApps or #SAPCloudAnalytics and drill down to gather additional information – All within the same tool/platform. #integration is key during this year’s SAP Tech Ed.

Closing thoughts:

I like and appreciate the innovation that SAP is doing, delivering solutions to help customers; most importantly I like the commitment they are doing trying to educate customers and implementors via free training on the learning.sap.com website or even doing small certifications via Coursera. I look forward to continued learning and implementing many of these solutions in the following months.

What are other key takeaways from other who attended or watched the keynote via live stream?

Labels in this area