Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paras_AU
Participant
0 Kudos

......new decade (...on second thoughts we are in 2013 :razz: ), new SCN, new technologies and this, is the begining of a new series of blogs. I introduce myself as paras.arora3 a follower, a technology enthusiast, an individual with never say die attitude towards learning, growth and development. In simple words, just another run of the mill, SAP Netweaver consultant next door!! :smile:

My designated profile page on the network holds my blogger experience with one time SDN, i.e. now our very own SCN.The blog link available, throws some light on what paras.arora3/blogwas all about. The first series of blogs shared several code examples begining from introductory (basics) on MDM Java APIs, to suggested approach for carrying out different MDM operations using MDM Java APIs, faciliate and help the developer community with code examples to smoothen out implementation of CMDM (Portal - MDM Integration) scenarios.

Well that was it, but that was then, that is past, it was 2009 when I had submitted my last blog entry which got published and I had managed, in other words I was awarded the authorization, to auto(self) publish my blogs. But from 2009 a lot has changed, it seems with the new SCN where my user id has lost authorization to auto publish the blogs :???: :sad:   (FYI...I couldn't use the authorization to auto publish any new blog), the technology curve and SAP Product offering umbrella has only gone up (...regret if that's a bad benchmark for comparison :razz: ).

Where SAP Portal has come across from being characterised as Composition Envrionment to Portal 7.3, SAP MDM has matured from a being a by product from another vendor i.e. from a vanilla data store to one level up on being MDM 7.1, i.e. to support Enterprise level Master Data Management.

Going forward SAP's master data management strategy seems to be inclined to move towards ECC, i.e. embedded master data management way using SAP MDG (Master Data Governance) product. Thus, in this season or this series of blogs we will move across and get a birds eye view of different integration options between the newer version of SAP Portal (Portal 7.3) and SAP's master data offerings i.e. SAP MDG & SAP MDM. My intention is also to include key tech arch topic areas around SAP Portal security & different tech arch configurations for SAP MDG.

Do watch out this space for more..... :smile:

Labels in this area