Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

There are 1 Administration and 6 SAP BW Bridge enhancements in version 2024.5 of SAP Datasphere. Since there is no Data Integration enhancements in this release. I hope it won’t require any more SAP Notes, as such updates in your data sources, especially SAP S/4HANA, etc.

Administration

TuncayKaraca_0-1709048127636.jpegPhoto by Barrett Ward on Unsplash

1 Users with the DW Administrator global role can use the new Authorization Overview page to see all the users, roles, and spaces in the tenant and how they relate to each other. You can filter by user, role, or space to see, for example, which users are assigned with which roles to a particular space. View Authorizations (Users, Roles and Spaces)

It’s great addition. Try Security > Authorization Overview. You can see all all users and roles and filter on User Names and Roles Names. It’s more like analytical report. But wait a minute, there is not navigation option to the user or the roles. It would be great if we are able to click and jump the Users and the Roles maintenance.

SAP BW Bridge

TuncayKaraca_1-1709048127675.jpegPhoto by Iván Díaz on Unsplash

1 In the Me Area in the SAP BW bridge cockpit, you can make launchpad settings. The SAP Fiori launchpad displays notifications from the Request Management and Process Chains areas that are relevant for you due to your business role. Notifications

Me Area > Settings, you can see all the notification types that you have ever received. You can specify which content you want to see in the notifications area and you can swich off and on every notification type. You can also choose whether to display a preview of the notifications in the area above the current screen.

2 You can use various APIs to load, activate, and delete data. APIs for InfoObjects and DataStore Objects

It sounds like a very neat addition that you can use APIs for Master Data, APIs for Master Data, APIs for DataStore Objects. The example codes of API usages are more like ABAP code. I’m not sure exactly where we write / use this code. Is it in onpremise BW systems, or where!

3 A process chain for streaming can be started and executed very frequently, and makes it possible to update data in real-time to DataStore objects. Process chains therefore provide a holistic solution for periodic and very frequent scheduling and for streaming. You set whether or not a process chain should be used for streaming using an attribute in the process chain. Process Chains for Streaming

A process chain for streaming can be started and executed very frequently, and makes it possible to update data in real-time to DataStore objects. Okay, that sounds awesome. If you execute the process chain in streaming mode, it seems to be that BW Bridge provides more resources like “worker” jobs to complete the process fast.

4 If you create an InfoObject or a DataStore object and select the package ZLOCAL or a subordinate package, the system issues a warning as objects in the package ZLOCAL cannot be transported.

It’s simple and necessary. The communication is important. As you know all from local packages are not for transports! That’s it!

5 Data Tiering allows you to assign data to various storage areas and storage media. The critera for this decision are data type, operational considerations, performance requirements, frequency of access, and security requirements. Data Tiering Optimization (DTO) helps you to classify the data in your DataStore object as warm or cold, depending on how frequently it is accessed. Data Tiering Optimization (DTO)

You can classify the data in your DataStore object as warm or cold, depending on how frequently it is accessed. The warm means the data is stored in an SAP HANA extension node or managed with SAP HANA Native Storage Extension. The cold means the data is stored externally in SAP IQ.

6 Using the role SAP_BR_DEVELOPER_DWC, you can now extract metadata from SAP BW bridge using the catalog in SAP Datasphere. Business Role Templates and Business Catalogs

SAP_BR_DEVELOPER_DWS in BW Bridge allows you to extract metadata from SAP Datasphere, SAP BW bridge through the catalog to SAP Datasphere. Let’s have metadata which is always helpful! Give me more information I won’t complain and I will appreciate.

References

1. What’s New in SAP Datasphere. February 27, 2024. Version 2024.5
  2. What’s New in SAP Datasphere Version 2024.5 — Feb 27, 2024 at medium.com/@tncykarc
Labels in this area