Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jana_Cyber
Advisor
Advisor
(Jana Subramanian serves as Head of Cybersecurity, APJ Strategic Customer Engagements and is a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP), awarded by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). In this role, Jana supports strategic customer engagements on cybersecurity, data privacy, multi-cloud security integration architecture, contractual assurance, audit, and compliance.)

Introduction

As 2023 folds into our memory and 2024 stands on the horizon, it's a time for reflection, gratitude, and looking ahead. This year, I embarked on a personal challenge to write one blog post every month on the crucial topics of SAP security and data privacy - I can say I almost successfully achieved this goal!

Throughout this year, I was fortunate to have the unique opportunity to support strategic customer program accounts, where we tackled complex security and regulatory requirements for highly regulated clients. The level of due diligence required was immense, leading to significant learning and exploration. This journey of discovery is reflected in each of the 12 blog posts I published in 2023 on SAP security and data privacy. I sincerely believe each blog post was a step towards sharing security of SAP environment, adding to the collective knowledge of our SAP community.

As the year 2023 is coming close,  I extend my heartfelt gratitude to the APJ Cybersecurity Advisory team. Our team cohesion and collaborative working model, built upon shared learning and support, has been invaluable. Additionally, I want to thank my colleagues and SAP Community for their consistent support, engagement, and insightful feedback.

My 12 Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Blogs: A 2023 Recap

Here is the list of 12 blogs authored by me in 2023.

S.No Title of the Blog Published Description
1 Enhancing Cloud Security: How SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) Security Capabilities Tackl... December 11, 2023

• This blog delves into how SAP BTP's security features and services effectively address OWASP vulnerabilities.

2 Decoding Data Types and Security in SAP Cloud Services October 22, 2023

• This blog explores the diverse data types supported by SAP cloud services.

3 Secure Data Flow and Connectivity with SAP Cloud Services September 20, 2023

• This blog delves into the security of the data flow and connectivity of SAP cloud ecosystem.

4 Security Safeguards for SAP Cloud Services: Addressing the Threats to Cloud Computing August 31, 2023

5 Decoding Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Controls with SAP Cloud Services July 30, 2023

• This blog provides an overview of the data privacy controls and tools available to customers as Data Controllers through SAP Cloud Services

6 Securing the Future: Role of Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy June 25, 2023

• This blog explores the complex relationship between AI, cybersecurity, data privacy, and international regulations.

7 SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition: Cybersecurity FAQs Unraveled May 16, 2023

• This blog addresses frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the cybersecurity aspects of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition

8 RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition: Cybersecurity FAQ Explained April 26, 2023

• This blog delves into some common cybersecurity questions frequently asked by our customers and partners with respect to SAP S/4HANA cloud, private edition.

9 Securing GROW with SAP Landscape April 20, 2023

• This blog delves into the security features of the cloud-based ERP solution provided by GROW with SAP

10 Securing RISE with SAP S/4HANA cloud, private edition, Customer Data Center option March 20, 2023

• This blog discusses the high-level security measures in place for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition deployed in a Customer Data Center (CDC).

11 RISE with SAP: Comparing the Security of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition Vs SAP S/4HANA Cloud, pu... February 2023

• This blog explores the nuances in their differences between SAP S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition and SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition.

12 RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition : Secure Cloud Connectivity January 31, 2023

• This blog focuses on the different connectivity options available for secure network connections between a customer’s environment and RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud private edition.

Additional Reference for Reading:

Cybersecurity encompasses many facets. Don't forget to explore jay.thodenvanvelzen#content insightful blogs on how SAP secures multi-cloud hyperscale environments

Conclusion

As we conclude 2023 and look forward to 2024 and beyond, we can expect SAP to continue innovating, integrating, and expanding Artificial Intelligence solutions across its products and services. The intersection of AI and cybersecurity is poised to remain a key focus in our discussions, reflecting the rapid evolution of the technological landscape. The convergence of AI and cybersecurity brings both opportunities and significant challenges. I am excited to further my learning and contribution to the SAP Community.

Wishing everyone in the SAP Community a prosperous, successful, and rewarding 2024.

Disclaimer:

© 2023 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. See Legal Notice on www.sap.com/legal-notice for use terms, disclaimers, disclosures, or restrictions related to SAP Materials for general audiences.