Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
san_tran
Advisor
Advisor
I have recently started a tutorial on github, which I use frequently as a resource on various customer and partner workshops.

https://github.com/SAP-samples/data-warehouse-cloud-modeling

"Learning by Doing" is the main principle of this tutorial. Discover and understand the features and modeling concepts by putting your hands on the SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and build a fully functioning data model yourself.

The exercises are meant to be built in this particular order starting from basic concepts and diving step by step into deeper advanced features while progressing with the exercises. The exercises are also based on each other. Hence, they prerequisite each other.

The tutorial comes along with a sample dataset (CSV files), so that only a minimalistic system setup is required, without any complex source system connection and data ingestion processing activities (Off course, it is still highly recommended to get yourself familiar with those features, especially when you run SAP Data Warehouse Cloud in a full enterprise and productive manner). For this tutorial working with the prepared sample datasets serves the purpose.

In general, you should be aware that SAP Data Warehouse constantly updates and delivers new features. That means, that some of the described features might be outdated and look differently than from your latest version (for that please check regularly the "What's New" website and the SAP Roadmaps in the links section below).

That being said, I hope this tutorial will give you a solid understanding and insights into the fundamental modeling principles of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud on which you can build upon in the future.

I will try to update the content as often as time allows 😉

San

p.s. here is a preview of the table of content:

7 Comments