Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jens_rolke
Employee
Employee
This year we’re a little bit earlier than the years before – so let me introduce you to our latest Support Package 29 of SAP Landscape Management 3.0.

As usual in my feature blog posts, I would like to highlight 3 new capabilities that were released with this feature support pack. All other innovations and improvements can be found in the “What’s New” section on our SAP Help Portal for SAP Landscape Management.

Let me start with the SAP Kernel Update. We continue our end-2-end story for this topic. Now you’re able to restore a backup of a previous release version in case you need to do so (e.g. if the recent update of the SAP Kernel fails). This was requested by several customers and now we’re proud to make this available to you.

Another new topic is the SPAM/SAINT Update that can now directly be executed via LaMa. We also made this available via REST API in case you need to perform it remotely.

Additionally, we optimized the Database Refresh Operations. Let me highlight the following:

• We removed the “User” step where not needed

• For SNC enabled systems we added more steps to the refresh procedure

• It is also possible now to skip the SWPM step if required

• You can pre-import system users into the target system

I hope this little intro to SP29 encourages you to update your LaMa installation.

BTW: If you’re attending ASUG Tech Connect 2023 in New Orleans, LA (Nov 7-9, 2023) and want to hear more about the latest and the future of LaMa as well as are interested to have a meeting with the team => just reach out to my colleague naeem.maqsud#about for more details).

Further information

What’s New in 3.0 SP29 Enterprise Edition
SAP Note 3316859 - SAP Landscape Management 3.0 SP29