Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Motivation:

In this blog you will learn how to display a responsive SAP Build Apps web application on your mobile phone with SAP Mobile Start.

SAP Build Apps empowers anyone to develop applications in a visual way by drag&drop of components.

SAP Mobile Start allows users to access native or web-responsive (such as SAPUI5) business apps, data, and information from SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition. Users can easily access content, apps, and tasks in one place so that they can stay informed and carry out all their tasks no matter where they are.

Prerequisites

• SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition

• SAP Build Apps

• SAP Mobile Start app on your mobile phone

Getting started:

First of all you need to create a SAP Build Apps application. For example my Sales Order App.

You need to build and deploy the application that end-users can access the app. In the “Launch” Navigation open the Build Service.

Build your project as MTAR. This will take about 15 minutes.

You can refresh the page and see the status of the current build process. After the build is completed, you can deploy the app to your BTP account. Select “Deploy MTA”.

Authorize BTP Deployments with your user, select HTML5 Application Repository where you want to upload your app. The deployment can take several minutes and looks like this:

After the successful deployment you can see the link to your deployed application:

Now all steps are completed in SAP Build Apps and we go to your Work Zone, standard edition account. Go to your BTP subaccount where you have deployed your app, go to Instances and Subscriptions in the left menu and select “SAP build Work Zone, standard edition”.

Now you can create a new Site in Work Zone.

Ensure that SAP Mobile Start is enabled:

Close the Site Editor and open the Channel Manager to update the content. This will make the deployed app visible in the Content Manager.

After the update is done, select Content Manager in the Menu on the left side, select Content Explorer und Select HTML5 Apps

Search for your SAP Build Apps Application and add it to your content.

Afterwards you should see your app in “My Content”.

Optional: If you have built an app with approval workflows in SAP Build Process Automation, you can also enable the “My Inbox” in the Content Explorer, that it will also appear in SAP Mobile Start.

Next step is to create a new Group where you can register the application.

Provide a Title and assign the apps to the group. Press Save afterwards.

Last step is to define the user right. In my case the role “Everyone” should be able to access to application. I open the Everyone role. You could also create new roles, if needed.

Press Edit and assign the apps to the role. Afterwards save.

That’s it. Let’s jump to the app.

I installed the SAP Mobile Start app from the app store.

After opening the SAP Mobile Start app the first time, accept the End User License Agreement. Press on the “Get Started”. Now you need the scan the QR Code to connects SAP Mobile Start with your Work Zone site. You can find the QR Code in your Work Zone Site. You can open the site from the Site Directory.

In the top right corner select your Settings.

Select SAP Mobile Start Application and select “Register” afterwards.

Scan the QR-Code and press continue. Afterwards you have to login with your user on your mobile phone.

Next step is to Create a Passcode in SAP mobile Start, additionally I activated the Biometric Authentication. Now you should see your app in SAP Mobile Start.

Final result

If you have any issue, you can find additional information how to set-up SAP Mobile start here: https://help.sap.com/docs/build-work-zone-standard-edition/sap-build-work-zone-standard-edition/sett...

General more information about:

Additional learning possibilities:

Have fun in visual programming!

9 Comments
BurakDemir
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Thanks Marc! Super helpful article to show the integration between Build Apps and Mobile Start!
TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Marc, great summary and helpful!
marcelomautari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Great blog Marc! Surely helpful!
aeman_khalid
0 Kudos

Great blog Marc!

As you mentioned that you have activated the biometric authentication, please post that blog how can we enable face id login for IOS app and finger print login for android apps using SAP build apps (Appgyver) only not using SAP mobile start as I can't find any build in (feature in composer) method to activate this..

Thanks..

SAPWayneSG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the detailed tutorial. Everything works smoothly except the My InBox.

Optional:
If you have built an app with approval workflows in SAP Build Process Automation, you can also enable the “My Inbox” in the Content Explorer, that it will also appear in SAP Mobile Start.
I don't find My InBox the Content Explorer.  Is there any special setting I have missed here?
Need your advice.

__PRESENT__PRESENT__PRESENT__PRESENT__PRESENT__PRESENT__PRESENT__PRESENT__PRESENT

__PRESENT

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
I get all the way to the passcode step but when I enter the passcode twice -- with or without facila recognition -- it says "Passcode was rejected by FUIPasscodeControllerDelegate".

What might be wrong? I signed in with custom IDP -- I assume that was the right sign in. Do I need to set something up in the IAS, or SAP Build services?
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
I simply went out of the onboarding and tried again and it works ... NICE!!!
Jmisturiz
Explorer
0 Kudos
thanks Marck It´s helpful
Vinay_kosaraju
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Jin

Did you manage to get a fix for this , we do also having similar requirement to have My Inbox in the SAP Mobile Start.

Under the SAP build lobby we have an option to go to My Inbox to see all the task triggered from the SAP Build Apps but since we have deployed the application on SAP BTP now same My Inbox we need to access from SAP Build Workzone or from SAP Mobile Start.

Please share the fix.

Best Regards

Chandra