Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laszlo_Thoma
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

banner - new.png

last updated: 2024-02-24

Introduction
The article explains the SAP GUI – TCODE (Transaction Code): SM51 usage in details.

SAP GUI

Description
Transaction code SM51 is to display list of active application servers. Application servers used for load balancing.

Video explanation by SAP Learning Hub
SAP Instance Monitoring (SM51)

Menu
SM51 - Tools -> Administration -> Monitor -> System Monitoring -> Servers

Untitled.png

Screen: Application Server (AS) Instances of SAP System
Initial screen where the application servers listed.

Single Application Server:

SM51_single.png

Multiple Application Servers:

SM51_multi.png

Use case
The menu is important in case of investigation when we need to switch between the application servers to see the actual traces on specific application server. The selected application server appears on the bottom of the SAP GUI window to inform the user.

AS.png

Other articles in this series
🔖 
3428763 - Bookmark of frequently used SAP GUI transaction codes for SAP HANA related investigations

Do you have further questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have question or observation regarding the article.
SAP Community for SAP GUI: https://community.sap.com/topics/gui

Contribution
If you find any missing information belongs to the topic, please let me know. I am happy to add the new content. My intention is to maintain the content continuously to keep the info up-to-date.

Release Information

Release Date Description
2024.02.07First/initial Release of the SAP Blog Post documentation (Product Information).
2024.02.24Insert SAP Learning Hub video. - SAP Instance Monitoring (SM51)