cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTP ABAP Data Dictionary Objects - Easy way to generate or only manual?

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like recreate a couple of SAP standards tables in BTP ABAP Environment that have a large number of fields (EDIDC and BSIK).

Is there any way of generating these somehow or am I stuck with creating umpteen domains and data elements?

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FrankJentsch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Ian,

There is no dedicated tool for exactly this purpose. You also need to consider, that the tables need to be created in custom namespace in BTP ABAP Env.

An API to create repository objects in the BTP ABAP Env. is available https://help.sap.com/products/BTP/65de2977205c403bbc107264b8eccf4b/02bfcdec55be4365ae8484edbf615879...., but not the implemented logic to copy objects from a remote data source.

Furthermore, I would also recommend to optimize the data volume for the replication by using dedicated target structures (with less fields compared to the source system). This leads to a custom solution for the data replication as proposed in that blog post for SLT-based data replication

BR, Frank

gregorw
Active Contributor

I hope you mean structures. Have you tries abapGit + Automagic standalone renaming of ABAP objects? You might need to contribute renaming for DDIC objects.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor

Well initially I need to recreate the structure and then possibly use SLT to replicate the data into the table from the source system. I haven't researched that apart from checking Frank Jentsch's blog on the subject.

Thanks for the link. I'll take a deeper look but on the surface looks pretty complicated!

Cheers

Ian

larshp
Active Contributor

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/04/20/automagic-standalone-renaming-of-abap-objects/#comment-593074, DOMA + DTEL + TABL + TTYP renaming support has been implemented 🙂