cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use the Portal of a different BW system than we get the data from?

cemal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

we use a BW on HANA ABAP System with a Business Objects Server Connection in a proof of concept scenario. The BW system HS1 has Usage Type ABAP only. Besides of this we have a “normal” BW System, P70with a Usage Type ABAP as well as Usage Type JAVA (J70). As a third component we do have a BO Server, where we have stored some DesignStudio Reports with Data from HS1.

We would like to use the existing J70 Portal of our “productive” BW Portal as an access point to the design studio reports.

What I am wondering: 

• Can we use the SSO Ticket that we get when we log in our portal environment to connect to our BO server?
  • Are we able to use then BO Reports that are connected to another BW System?
  • How we do this or do we have to take something into account?

Regards,

Cemal Aslan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Cemal,

it might depend on your releases... we currently have a test scenario with a Portal that is being used to display reports from a 7.31 BW system as well as the embedded 7.31 BW system of an ECC6 (EHP6) ERP system (as far as the Portal is concerned, that's just another BW system). The Portal is a 7.31 system as well.

I don't know too many (technical) details as anything beyond the BW server is out of my hands. I think this was not possible in older versions of the Portal though...

Cheers,

Raf

cemal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank  you Raf. The Portal and the underlying BW are a 7.0 SP24, our Data for our BO reports reside in a BW7.31 SP10.

I guess, you need the same users in both systems in your scenario, right?

Regards,
Cemal.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, that seemed to be some kind of prerequisite (which I never found written though)

I actually had/have different userids on BW and ECC, and things didn't work for me... then one of the system admins told me it was working fine for him... so after ruling out quite a couple of things, we "saw" the userid "issue"... once I had the same userid on both systems, it worked like a charm

Answers (0)