cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP - Monitoring & Tracing via Open Telemetry from reCAP 2023

Dinu
Contributor

In reCAP 2023, there was a presentation [1] about an upcoming feature for observability. It showed pushing traces to jaeger. I have a few queries about the status of the feature demonstrated in the session.

1. Is the plugin for this now available from CAP? I could not find a mention in the capire or any release notes.

2. Is a hosted jaeger available/planned in BTP or is it only for local testing? What is the equivalent service in SAP BTP?

3. What is the relationship of this open telemetry to Auto Instrumentation from Cloud ALM?

[1] Marten Schiwek & Dr. Wolfgang Koch: Monitoring & Tracing via Open Telemetry (re ≡CAP 2023)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vansyckel
Advisor
Advisor

Hi dinu.pavithran.1

We just published the first beta version of @cap-js/telemetry. It will be listed on capire shortly.

Jaeger is for local testing. On BTP CF, you have the options of Dynatrace (setup instructions) and the new offering SAP Cloud Logging. Please note that the plugin does not yet have a predefined kind for the latter.

Best,
Sebastian

Dinu
Contributor

Thank vansyckel for your kind reply.

Would you have any comments about the relationship of using this in comparison wiht SAP Cloud ALM's auto instrumentation feature?

Thanks,

Dinu

vansyckel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinu,

I don't have anything official yet. Will provide asap.

Best,
Sebastian

Answers (0)