cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink programmatic change

Su_Signavio
Explorer
0 Kudos

We store all our process documents in Sharepoint and link them into Signavio. But now we are changing our sharepoint name due to a divestment - which in theory means that one fine day all my links will fail together.

We have a LOT of links. Does anyone know how I can programatically update all my links?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Projit
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Susan,

Programmatically, this can be done using the SAP Signavio Process Manager API. There are different ways of doing it, depending on what data you want to ingest, either via workflow or python script.

Our SAP Signavio Services Consultants have done this for a few clients that I know of.

If you need help with this and want to have a chat, please ask your SAP Signavio Account Executive to get you in touch with the relevant SAP Signavio Services team, and they will be more than happy to help you with this.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Su_Signavio
Explorer
0 Kudos

To be frank, anything which will let me address the dictionary programmatically would be unbelievably helpful. Due to its nature, it must be a database. And we know that Signavio handles SQL elsewhere. So why no Administrator's SQL interface for dictionary maintenance? Just my Job Roles subsection alone has 9000 entries, each with a link to a job description!

As to ingestion, what we need is: for every "Relevant Documents" hyperlink, I need to replace the "saintgobain.sharepoint" portion in the link with "starkgroup.sharepoint"

https://saintgobain.sharepoint.com/:b:/r/sites/Signavio/Documents%20partages/General/SGBD%20Process%20Framework/3%20..
becomes
https://starkgroup.sharepoint.com/:b:/r/sites/Signavio/Documents%20partages/General/SGBD%20Process%20Framework/3%20...

Projit
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Susan,

I do see merit in having an SQL interface for Admins to perform Dictionary maintenance. You can send a request to SAP Signavio Support Team to raise a Product Feature request.

In the meantime, you can use the API to make the bulk change, or (alternatively) use the Import/Export option in the Dictionary. The way I would go about it is:

• Export the relevant dictionary category into an excel extract. (Link)
  • Manually manipulate the entries in Excel, using find/replace
  • Import the excel extract into the Dictionary. (Link) Importing the excel can help you do a mass update of all dictionary category entries and their attributes, instead of doing them individually.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Su_Signavio
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would be so happy to have a SQL-esque approach to the dictionary - we are linking it via APIs to many other systems to ensure that it stays aligned with the single source of truth on each sector. However, the M2M problems are an absolute nightmare and the 500 line upload limitation is absurd!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

susanwitton2000

Unfortunately, there is no single solution to this issue. Depending on your particular environment, you may need to develop custom scripts or programs to update the links in Signavio. Additionally, you could use a third-party tool or service to help with the migration, as some of these services specialize in such migrations. Ultimately, the best solution would depend on the specifics of your environment.