cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Attributes data extraction in BW

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have customized data source for extracting the PO final approval date into BW via

Now the issue is as below :

While checking in RSA3 in source system I can see the PO approval date, relvevet to Purchase document.

When I extracted with repair full  mode few of the Purchase document doest not contain contain PO Approval date .

If I extract the same PO again then I can see PO approval data is  extracted .

I am not sure where is the problem how to over come this situtation.

Please share any ideas to overcome this situation.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is this is happening to only one PO or for other POS as well?

Have you run repair full info pack with PO selection?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi ,

same situation with Multiple PO's

Yes I have run repair full for only one PO it pics the PO approvla date .

If I use multiple PO's then few PO will fetching PO approval date and few PO's not extacting PO approvla date.

Thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note the POs which are not fetching approval data and check with source team.

Ask them how they are entering into SAP.

Is they follow standard procedure and directly entering thru programs?

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru

Please check the records in PSA after data extraction to confirm if the extraction is working fine.

If you have correct data in PSA then it might be due to some logic in BW else please mention what kind of extractor is it.

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I am checking in PSA only .

Function module extracter is used to extract Purchase document number data .

Thanks ,

Puru

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru

This confirms the problem lies with extractor.

Thus from basic bug fixing point of view I would suggest following two approaches:

1) Determine the two records one good and bad and try to simulate the extraction for both to observe the error. (Seek the help of ABAP'r to make things easy)

2) Determine all the bad records and try to establish a logical relation in order to judge if any there is a different/special logic based on which these type of records are created. (Seek the help of relevant functional team)

Based on the outcome the analysis you would know the reason for the problem and the way to solve it.

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

Thank you for the inputs Ashish,

Here what I did is first time I have extracted 10 PO's,Out of 10 Po's 6 PO's extracted PO approval date .

Where as other PO's are extracted blank.

If I extacted remaining 4 PO's then I can see PO approval date is extracted into PSA.

Thanks ,

Puru

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru

This is a bit strange, in such situation you have perform some "Hit & Trial" method to find the error.

Can you make a repair full load for two documents one which came in first attempt and the one which came on second attempt in one extraction and observe the behavior.

Ashish