cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing workflow templates after upgrade to Business Objects 4.3

0 Kudos

I was trying to access the BI Administration Console under 4.3 then I read that it has been integrated in the CMC under workflow assistant. When I open Workflow assistant and try to create a new workflow I can not see any workflow templates. I noticed that the central configuration manager does not have an entry for 'workflow assistant', I am not sure if this is required. I have just upgraded from Business Objects 4.0 to 4.2 SP6 then to SP7, SP8 then to 4.3 p100.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ayman_salem
Active Contributor

So you have to install the "Workflow-Assistent" by uninstall/change BI 4.3 - > Change --> Administratortools --> Workflow-Assistent)

TomNather
Participant
0 Kudos
workflow assistant is checked but now templates. Are they anywhere else?
TomNather
Participant
0 Kudos
workflow assistant is checked but now templates. I found the template by clicking the + within the Workflow Templates.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Now working correctly after installing the missing feature. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos

perfect, thanks I will give that a try

0 Kudos

No, I was not aware you had to do this. Can this be done under 4.3 or do I need to revert back to 4.2 SP8 first? Is there a separate download for this?

ayman_salem
Active Contributor

see my Answer above (So you have to .........)

TJe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you upgraded from 4.0 to 4.2 SP6 then to SP7, SP8 then to 4.3, did you ever run a change installation and installed the Automation Framework feature in SP6, SP7 or SP8 ?

0 Kudos

No, I did not check for the "automation management" after upgrading to 4.2 SP6. This version was never rolled out as a production system instead the decision was made to go directly to 4.3.

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After upgrading to 4.2-SP6, did you verify that you have "Automation Framework"?