Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI shall perform RFC to SAP-ERP and create an IDoc using the data from RFC

Markus7
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I ask for your help and ideas to the following request on SAP PI 7.11.

I receive data from a FTP legacy system and need to create an IDoc. Within the mapping I need to perform a RFC to the Target-SAP-System (ERP), because I need some informations from there for creating the IDoc. The RFC function module requests a table as input and returns another table, which I need to use for creating the IDoc.

In the past I realized scenarios like this with ABAP-mappings (parse inbound message -> call function x destination erp -> build IDoc). For some reasons I do not want to do this with ABAP mappings.

I think the best way would be a Java-mapping. Since I am developing in Eclipse the RFC should also work outside the PI.

1.) How can I perform this?

2.) Shall I use JCo in the Java-mapping? How is this done?

3.) Do you other better ideas?

Thanks in advance

Markus

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

R u callling RFC and posting IDOC in the same ECC Box.

If yes then in that case u can use Inbound proxy scenario - Once u received the data in ECC through inbound proxy u cal RFC FM and get the required data from RFC and then post the IDOC using inbound using associated process code and FM in R3.

In this case u dont have to Do any RFC look up from PI mapping which will avoid additional step of sending data to RFC and getting responde. which will avoid processing time.

chirag