Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP CDS Hierarchy Definition - Not able to Preview

muthuhana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I was unable to preview the data for the Hierarchy Definition CDS view. It says there was some authorization checks failure. I want to apply Hierarchy aggregate functions on this CDS view but it fails to return the data.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 3.34.25 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-01 at 3.34.02 PM.png

Please note that this issue is occurring in both trail and productive versions. Please let me know how to resolve this error.

Edit: When I took Authorization traces, it clearly says Authorization S_TABU_NAM Read & Write is getting failed. But How do I resolve this authorization issue ?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Muthu

WRoeckelein
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Data Preview for Hierarchy works for me in S/4HANA 2023 FPS01. Perhaps some auth issue in the underlying view?
muthuhana
Explorer
0 Kudos
Actually I am using BTP ABAP Environment, I was unable to get the data by consuming it in the Open SQL
muthuhana
Explorer
0 Kudos
Yes authorization issue are there for S_TABU_NAM but not sure how to resolve in the BTP ABAP Envrionment
View Entire Topic
MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, I'm no BTP expert... but I would assume the solution is similar to an ABAP system.

In PFCG you need to create or enhance a role with which you can read the table.

I guess as of now, you cannot read it in SE16, either, right?

muthuhana
Explorer
0 Kudos
No I cannot use any GUI based screens. But just wanted to understand why does it requires authorization it is just as cds view like other cds view definition. I am wondering, why this view has special kind of authorization