cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP RAP: Unspecified provider error occurred. See Error Context and Call Stack on Edit Button

bhaskar_nagula
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts/Folks,

I'm getting an error "Unspecified provider error occurred. See Error Context and Call Stack" in ABAP RAP BO Unmanaged Scenario with draft V4 version on clicking on standard Edit button.

so i tried debugging and see where it fails, here is the below screenshot it's failing in Locking

even though i've given etag and total etag

Below is the Interface view screenshot:

Anyone knows what could be reason and how to rectify it?

andre.fischer jelena.perfiljeva

Thanks & Regards,

Bhaskar Nagula

trupti_kanekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I am facing the exact same issue during edit, any suggestions on what needs to be rectified.

Regards,

Trupti Kanekar

View Entire Topic
JaimeRodriguez
Participant
0 Kudos

I had the same problem after some time debugging and without understanding anything, I could find the problem: it is related to the use of %tky

In the projection I have implemented an update augment for association fields that I have in the root entity, my code was this:

JaimeRodriguez_0-1711389644886.png

I always had the same error.

After a lot of time, I found the location of the problem in the class CL_DSP_DSD_BUFFER

JaimeRodriguez_1-1711389053965.png

At that point, it is searching in <t_dad_buffer> with the ENTITY key from <s_dad_buffer_line>, which appears to be the same value, and I almost lost my mind:

JaimeRodriguez_2-1711389171676.png

So I changed the variable viewer to HEX and I finally found the problem:

Value from <t_dad_buffer>:

JaimeRodriguez_3-1711389271259.png

Value from <s_dad_buffer_line>:

JaimeRodriguez_4-1711389304918.png

Et voilà! Finally!

So changing my code to use the fields instead of %tky I could make it work:

JaimeRodriguez_1-1711389684639.png

iamnaveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JaimeRodriguez,

In which class did you enter the mentioned code?

I have the "key" values in the lock method of the cl_abap_behavior_saver class. After the saver class, I'm facing the Dump error " Unspecified provider error occurred. See Error Context and Call Stack."

How to fix the issue?

iamnaveen_0-1711542878245.pngiamnaveen_1-1711542934354.png

JaimeRodriguez
Participant
0 Kudos
I made in the class for projection BDEF. Check in all methods how you fill the keys and specify them field by field.