Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding SAP HANA Cloud entitlements

WFlats
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm an SAP Build Partner and want to add an SAP HANA Cloud subscription to my existing subaccount (AWS Frankfurt). Currently I'm using HANA service.

I tried to create it from the SAP HANA Cloud menu item in my cf space - just information that it's available and that I don't have entitlements. When I try adding entitlements there is none for HANA Cloud.

Then I tried the service marketplace in my subaccount - no HANA Cloud available.

Then I found another blog and subscribed to HANA Cloud on the SAP Store (free tier/CC).

Now I have a second BTP account (same S-User/pwd) with HANA Cloud but no entitlements for my development environment.

Can you please help me adding HANA Cloud to my existing subaccount?

Wolfgang

View Entire Topic
JasonHinsperger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

You need to have your global account administrator enable the HANA Cloud service for your global account, which is done via the BTP Control Centre.

Once that is done, the HANA Cloud service plans will be visible for you to add as entitlements in your subaccount.

HTH,

--Jason

WFlats
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks very much for your answer.

Actually I also have the admin rights. When I navigate to my global account and to Entitlements/Entity Assignments I can select my cf subaccount and the services are displayed.

When I click on Configure Entitlements and then Add Service Plans I can see additional service plans.

But HANA Cloud is not included.

Did I misunderstand you? Is there a different place I need to go?

Wolfgang

JasonHinsperger
Advisor
Advisor

The way to get the entitlement to show up in the BTP Cockpit subaccount is to first have it added to the global account from here:

SAP BTP Control Center (ondemand.com)

In the Control Center linked above, you can 'Assign' the HANA Cloud service to your global account, and then set the entitlement limits for it. This makes the HANA Cloud service plans visible in the BTP Cockpit (https://account.hana.ondemand.com/#/home/welcome) where you can then add/enable them for your subaccount.

I would have thought there was some sort of BTP onboarding process that would walk you through this general process or set it up for you, but I am not familiar enough with how the sales fulfillment process works to point you to the right resources. You might consider contacting your sales account or technical rep. as well.

Regards,

--Jason

WFlats
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks again for your prompt help.

The control center sounds like the solution.

Unfortunately I receive an authorization error from aws when I try to follow the link.#I checked my roles in BTP and I have global account admin rights.

I will reach out to SAP support.