cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication incorrect to connect to SAP system via business application studio

vvinod
Explorer

Hello, I am trying to connect to backend SAP system via business application studio(BAS) to build fiori apps. However, when I select the data source as SAP system and enter my SAP GUI credentials for service username and password, it says authentication incorrect! as shown in the picture.

The destination is configured in cloud connector to connect to on premise SAP system and the SAP system shows up in BAS.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks Vinod

johnnymunoz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same error, I think it is a platform error, because the credentials are correct, and when I try many times, in the abap system the user is blocked, but I am sure that my password is correct.

Who can help us?

Regards,

Johnny

View Entire Topic
vvinod
Explorer

Hello Raz Korn,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The error message "Authentication Incorrect" was misleading here even though the credentials were correct. The issue was with access policy that was set up in the cloud connector. Once all sub paths are allowed, I could get past this error message and retrieve my oData services.

The issue is resolved now.

Thank you

Vinod

gregorw
Active Contributor

For the development connection exposing all path is OK. But for production expose only the needed services.

efallaruiz
Explorer
0 Kudos

when i check and add the flag it worked